Santa Clara Valley 2015 Endurance Run

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Santa Clara Valley 2015 Endurance Run
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 04:31 pm:

This last Sunday was the 2015 Endurance Run and Lowland Tour presented by the Santa Clara Valley Model T Ford Club.

Here is my video from the starting line:
https://youtu.be/Qu5lUi1xc0Q

Some pictures of the event can be found here:
http://scvmtfc.org/615endurance/615endurance.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

Thanks for the links Ivan!

P.S. Any chance, since it appears you're in the right geographical area, that you were related to the late Dr. Melford B. Jorgensen who practiced medicine on Los Gatos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

Thank you Ivan! (I think)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:01 pm:

Thanks for posting this. Always great to see photos of this event. Thanks to the Santa Clara Model T Club for keeping this great tradition alive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

Since I have been involved in the Speedster Run since its early days (1970-1980 as the *official* participant photographer)...I have watched the evolution of the speedster at our meet. This meet and perhaps the previous have shown cars with increasingly interesting designs, workmanship, innovation and creativity. I truly enjoyed the event this past weekend...although fewer participants. Nice event and documentation. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 10:21 am:

I was unable to attend this year, thanks for bringing the sights, sounds and smell back for me.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

quote:

Thanks for the links Ivan!

P.S. Any chance, since it appears you're in the right geographical area, that you were related to the late Dr. Melford B. Jorgensen who practiced medicine on Los Gatos?

I do not know a Melford Jorgensen. I did grow up in Los Gatos, but am not familiar with anyone of that name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:39 am:

It has been a week since the SCVMTFC Endurance Run/Lowland Tour…and I am disappointed that there has been so little Forum reaction to the events. I would think that the club members would be sharing their experiences. Ivan seems to be the only one. But perhaps the club members are only Forum lurkers and not contributors....or no interest at all. Curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 07:42 am:

No John, lots of interest, but because I live 1500 miles away I did not attend so I have no photos to show. On the flip side will you be here this week at the speedster reunion in Lincoln? for me its less than 300 miles away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Jerome,
Yes, I understand your comment. My comments were focused on the local folks who attended as well as club members. And no, I will not be and the speedster reunion in Lincoln. Sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Thanks Ivan for the link to this years run in Santa Clara.

I have been on that tour with my Torpedo and we had an extremely fun time. We'll be there again someday cause it's very cool to see all the speedsters. It's a top notch event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

John, Ivan covers it so well, I think most of us feel that there's not much we can add. I didn't take any pictures so I'm no good. I can tell you the run was shorter than normal, but made up for it in beautiful mountain winedy (wiiindy not windy) roads. West over to the coast and back one and a half times morning/afternoon and on different roads. Great lunch and half way line ceremony at Towne Ford in Redwood City, some nice little traveled 2 lane each direction long stretches both morning and afternoon where we could dice around with each other passing, re passing and taunting. A little getting lost, some navigator error, one map direction error. Weather couldn't have been better. Humble Howard was my riding mechanic/copilot/navigator and old #4 performed flawlessly, better than we did! First 3 cars that crossed the finish line were the 3 top finishers. Pat and Bob Meneely won the big prize. Couldn't have gone to a more deserving pair. I could be wrong but I think Pat drove part of the course. All in all very exiting enjoyable day, and Gene you need to convince one of your speedster friends to come up here and join us with you as riding mechanic or maybe driver. Gene, I'll see you in Canada.
#4 Out!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration