Whats up with Texas T Parts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Whats up with Texas T Parts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 11:39 am:

Been trying to call them on both numbers for 2 days, phones just ring no answer, no message. I ordered some parts and sent them a check. They said they would ship day after they got check. Check got there 11 days ago but no parts and check has not been cashed. Anyone know whats up with them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Texas T Parts was sold recently. Are you dealing with the new owners I hope. I am sure someone on this forum can give you the details and the new owners name and phone numbers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

It's now Birdhaven Vintage Auto Supply in Colfax, Iowa. Phone is 866-302-3673.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

Thanks, I was able to contact them at the new number

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

Willie:you OK from rising water?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

The new owners have slightly modified the Texas T Parts website with their new contact details etc, but when I recently emailed them, they didn't answer. Consequently my business was done elsewhere.
Its a shame because I liked how the company used to be, with very good products and with even better service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Devine on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Guys we have had rain here every other to every third day this spring. As of Monday after-noon the Texas T 800 number stopped working, the phone line is under water and is grounded out. The phone company said they should have it repaired buy 6/19/15. We have two toll free phone numbers. The Toll free 866-302-ford number is working.
As for the Website the only change made was the headers stating that Birdhaven Vintage Auto Supply is the new owner, with the phone numbers and the new address.
Rob I am sorry that we did not get your e-mail

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

Guys,
Please give Bill a chance during the transition process as he's recently acquired this business. He's one of the most dedicated, stand up Model T guys you're ever going to meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

I have no problem, once I was able to get in contact they were very helpful and gave me a shipping date

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 07:17 am:

I can vouch for Bill's post on the water they have had in the area. I stopped by their location last year after a rain and didn't think I was going to make it through on the road. Shawna told me a different way to leave. They are in a low area and a little bit of rain makes for a difficult situation. We have a lot of fields in my area that have not been planted yet this year because of heavy rain and they probably won't be able to plant them now being the middle of June

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 07:43 am:

The rain this year has all of us down here looking for high ground when a cloud blows over. TS Bill didn't help even though we were on the West side of it. After the second or third four-year drought, it's good to see rain but we've been inundated this year. The crawler/dozer has been getting a lot miles trying to keep the driveway passable and I moved about 7-800 yards of dirt. But the garden is providing a horn of plenty and there's more critters sharing it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 08:04 am:

Oh and the Roadrunners here have been breading like rabbits. One pair are on their third brood in a three-sided shed here. I never heard of that. They don't seem to mind us and we pay them no mind. No telling how many are down front. you can't get the paper or mail without tripping over a few. :-)

But I haven't seen a single rattlesnake this year. Never heard of that either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 10:36 am:

Ken -
Up here in Iowa when a season (especially the springtime) has a lot of rain, we don't see many snakes. We are usually inundated with harmless garter snakes where we live. Yes, harmless, but they're STILL snakes! Yuch! I have been told by old timers around here that what happens when there are very heavy rains during breeding time, is the excess water gets down into their nests and drowns the snakes, especially the young ones. This, of course, results in a smaller snake population. By this time of year, I usually have seen many garter snakes when I cut the grass or cross from the front of the house to the back via our lawn. I know the darned things are harmless, but jeez! I hate snakes! The way they move, look and act gives me the willies. I vote for MORE rain! As they say in this state: "It's good for the crops." :-)
Having written this, I need to cut the grass today after a week of rain. I'll probably see a hundred snakes now! :-(
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

Tim, our farm is on higher ground, if we go under water, most of the county will be under water.
About three weeks ago, I could not go anywhere as the bridges on both sides of my house were under water. The only permanent problem was some damaged fences across the creek that flows thru our farm.
Back to Texas T Parts, as I posted above, they decided to retire and sold the business.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration