Reaching out to Local Model T Clubs?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Reaching out to Local Model T Clubs?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Mariano on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Hey all, I've posted in here for a few days now about my family friend's 1926 Model T Coupe, and you've all been more than helpful.

Many directed me towards getting in touch with the local Model T clubs in my area, and I've tried to do so as best I can, but admittedly some of the information seems outdated, I've gotten a few bounceback emails for the addresses listed, and so on. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for getting in touch with these places, or any updated information? I haven't heard back (I realize it hasn't been THAT long) and I just want to be sure I'm not sitting around twiddling my thumbs if someone knows something else that might be of help, or someone who is in one of the clubs near the NYC metropolitan area!

I've tried the Long Island one, Central NY one, Albion, NY one which got bounced instantly, the one in Langhorne PA didn't have a valid email attached to it, and the one in Oxford, CT.

Just throwing this out there in case anyone knows! Thanks again all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

Here is the chapter listing from this web site. Many of the clubs don't have an active web master so if a phone number is listed or snail mail might be your other option. If it's like our club the mail may only get picked up once a month. We keep our mail box but the club secretary may change every year and driving 15 miles each way just to pickup the mail, esp if there is none, just is not happening. I am telling you this so you don't expect a reply right away if sent by mail.

http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Mariano on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

No problem, that's the sort of stuff I like knowing regarding all of this.

I already heard back from the guy from Oxford, CT with an interested party, so here's hoping!

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

I suspect the contacts for local clubs in many cases are computer-averse old folks who don't do email. Looking at the listings of local clubs, I find a great many who list only a snail mail address.

Here are the MTFCI New York clubs.

http://www.mod elt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=15#NY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 07:48 am:

Here are snail mail contacts:
BUZZERS AND BANDS
Francis Tuoti
8 Elizabeth Drive
North Salem, NY 10560

CLASSIC T & ANTIQUE
Robert L. Hark
61 Pickford Ave
Kenmore, NY 14223

NIAGARA FRONTIER
Francis Licata
6746 Akron RD
Lockport, NY 14094

TRI CITY T'S
Bob Zabala
39 Terry Ave.
Schenectady, NY 12303 TWIN TIERS
James F. Dix
PO Box 100
Big Flats, NY 14814-0100

Adriondack Foothills Chapter
c/o Les Trainor
135 Ford St.
Boonville, NY 13309

Capitol District Chapter
c/o William Clough
PO Box 27
Knox, NY 12107-0027

Central New York Chapter
c/o Steve Grant
3784 Mohawk St.
New Hartford, NY 13413

Flivver Drivers, Inc.
c/o Mae Baker
14168 W Bacon Rd
Albion, NY 14411
585-589-4934

Model T Ford Club of Long Island
c/o John Cunnane
10 Birch Lane
Valley Stream, NY 11581

The Fabulous Flivvers
c/o Thomas Stewart
1207 Palmer Road
Churchville, NY 14428
585-293-3203

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration