Speedster windshield frame

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Speedster windshield frame
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Has anyone bought one of the new aluminum Speedster Windshield frames ? How did it work out? Thanks Al

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Not sure what type you're referring to? Who sells them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Lane's sells them for $79.95 each on page 181 of their catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 09:56 am:

This one?
https://www.modeltford.com/item/M2.aspx
Haven't seen one up close, but I guess it'll work?
I skipped windshield altogether, I just wear motorcycle goggles and keeps my teeth together to avoid swallowing too many insects :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 10:24 am:

We also offer these in polished, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 10:25 am:

Albert,
"unpolished" means it will take a lot to get it shiny. Also, make sure to get a price from the glass company before they do it. When I last had new glass put in my monocle frame, he broke 4 before he got one right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 11:57 am:

I bought one years ago, alum. unpolished. Is a fairly rough casting, but with file and sandpaper did get it looking OK. But painted it to cover the file and sand marks. Fit to column is fine.

Used Plexiglas instead of real safety plate, as real glass that size is heavy.

Cut the sheet plastic round on the band saw and 'flamed' smoothed using a hot flame, the outer cut edge after sanding. The flame melts the edge ever so gently to allow the plastic to go back clear. Glued the plastic into the mount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

Thanks Dan, I will do that.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration