Ford rail vehicle 1919

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford rail vehicle 1919
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 05:50 am:

Popular Science Monthly of April 1919 has the following story and picture on Page 38.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 11:16 am:

Thanks for posting Dane. I enjoy this kind of thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 11:44 am:

It looks like a TT hiding under all that body work. I think I can see the steering wheel. I wonder what they used it for? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Reminds one of the Toonerville Trolley, St. Marys GA, it ran for 10 years beginning 1928. Body built on a TT chassis converted for rail use.
Later the body became a building, and in 1974 restored back on a '24 TT chassis with wheels. On permanent display in that town today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 11:53 am:

The steering wheel is there to hold while you are pressing the pedals in. :-) You don't even notice when you push the pedals in, bet you pull back a little on the steering wheel. Also gives some sense of control when flying around the corners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

You need the column for the spark and gas levers. Great picture!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Malory

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration