How are PM's sent/retrieved?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How are PM's sent/retrieved?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

I had need to check for any incoming PM's and suddenly realized that I don't know how! I clicked on the "new messages" icon and the "search" function page popped up! I was lost from there, so can anyone explain it to me? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

It's kind of a weird setup; when someone sends you a PM it goes to the email account that you registered for this forum with. I forget how to reply but you can't just hit reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

As the recipient of an email sent by the PM, the email address of the sender is included in the body of the message. Use that when replying. If you have a strong email spam filter, the messages may be in your spam file....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 12:27 am:

George,

You need to be logged in - then go to your User Profile (second icon from right on the top)

Ironically this is also the universal icon for a pollock trapped under the rear dually wheel of a Ford truck screaming for help ....

But I digress .... :-)

Scroll down to ...

Information About You

Username:
Full Name:
E-mail Address:

Make sure your email is correctly filled out

Scroll down to ...

Preferences

The following section allows you to specify your preferences for the operation of the board.
The board needs to know who you are in order to use many of these settings.
Consequently, for many of these features to work, you need to enable the cookie option.

The default setting automatically allows you to receive PM's from other members

You have to check the box " Do not send me "Private Message" e-mails from other board users " to stop receiving PMs's

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 05:59 am:

Thanks fellahs..........I had received an email from one of the members and tried to reply via a PM. I finally just used the email address as you suggested and it got through.

Most websites I've been on have a separate PM function that you simply click on. I just assumed that was the case here and was kind of surprised when I couldn't figure it out!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration