Good for you, Canyon Country Model T Club!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Good for you, Canyon Country Model T Club!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, June 19, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Drove today from Sedona AZ to Bryce Canyon UT. Noticed a stretch of US 89 in AZ was "Adopted by Canyon Country Model T Club." Nice example of Model T civic responsibility.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:33 am:

It's great for a Model T club to adopt a section of highway to help keep America clean. The best part is you go so slow that you can easily see any trash and then just reach out of the car to pick it up without stopping :-)

Thank you Canyon Country Model T Club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Dennis, what I liked was driving along a highway in (for me) a faraway place and seeing a name I recognized. Immediately pointed it out to my traveling companion and explained that I know who those guys were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Dick, Nice trip. We too were in Sedona this weekend as well as the Grand Canyon.(kids and grandkids visiting from Florida). We here in the Sun Country Model T Club have a weekend each year for street cleanup. I must admit that we haven't been very diligent lately. The Canyon Country folks are vigilant though and I tip my hat to them. Glad you were able to come play in Arizona and Utah!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 04:49 pm:

Hi Dick,
Thanks for the nice compliment. The Canyon Country Model T Club dedicated the cleanup of the two mile stretch of US Hwy 89 to one of our founding members, Dr. Jerry Petersen. You all know his wife, Marilyn Petersen, who has been the registrar for the Canyonlands Tours.
Thanks again,
Russ Furstnow

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration