1915 coil box switch cover....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1915 coil box switch cover....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 11:10 am:

It's my understanding that Ford changed from a bakelite coil box mounted switch to one that had the same shape, but was actually a metal cover. Does anyone know of a vendor that supplies the all metal cover for the coil box mounted switch? I want to retain the "look" of the original switch but substitute modern switch "guts" for a speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

Unless you are planning on cutting a hole and are going to use a modern replacement style switch, the cover might not have enough depth. Another option, some of the aftermarket switches that had the locking tumblers might be a better way to go. Often they can be found with the tumbler missing or not worth fixing. You could place an ad in the classifieds or contact Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

Forgive me, but "Dave"? I don't know all the folks on here yet. Would like to contact him though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

Dave Huson, he post in the classifieds. He's are the ones in all CAP's.

I should say generally he is the only one to post the title in all CAP's.

Here is one of his ad's with contact info;
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/549942.html?1434407118

(Message edited by redmodelt on June 20, 2015)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration