Lubricating the MOORE Transmission? Help?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Lubricating the MOORE Transmission? Help?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

How do you lub the Moore transmission? There is a drain plug on the bottom and there are small bolts on top over the roller bearings. Does it lub from the axle oil? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/139700.html

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

Mark, do you know if oil is added in the two small bolt holes over the roller bearings? There is a drain plug in the bottom of the transmission so changing the oil looks possible. I will look these documents closer to see if I am missing the information I need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

I note that the Moore is made in Connersville, Indiana. The Lincoln
transmission was also made in Connersville, Indiana.

A connection here ?

I am curious to know if these could be built as overdrives. As
I read the pamphlet, I see an underdrive for both forward and reverse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

From what I know of them the Moore transmission for cars had a low and high range. That is the one I have in my 1914 Roadster. It sounds like the truck Moore transmission added more forward gears and reverse gears. It looks like they use 90 weight oil from what I can find. I am not sure where to add it to the transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

No, I don't own a Moore, but if you look at the thread in the link I posted, the Moore that Jay showed looked like it had a fill plug on the side.

If yours doesn't, perhaps you could PM one of the folks that posted in that other thread for assistance.

If you want to search the forum for other posts on Moore transmissions, the best way is to use Google. Just search for "Moore transmission MTFCA" and a bunch of older threads will come up.

Good luck! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

Wait, I think there is a square plug 1/2 way up the side. Maybe that is the fill plug?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Thanks all for the help. I just needed to look closer at your link Mark, thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 06:38 pm:

That's a good bet, but PM one of the guys on the older thread that owns one to verify for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

I have been looking at the wrong side of the transmission. On the drivers side is the square plug to fill the transmission. It is so easy when you look on the correct side! Thanks to all! It was almost completely out. It took about 1 pint to fill it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

I have a similar issue ... I'll think I gave an area a thorough look
over for say ... catsup, and then ask the wifeperson where she put it.
She'll come over and produce the item from right under my nose.

Unsure how she does this time after time. Perhaps a Vega act
would be a good career option for her ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 01:14 am:

The moore trany i had was two direct and under was in tt ford chassis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 02:15 am:

A cursory interweb search produced this link quote, but the link
did not work:

"(Moore also created the Improved Moore Transmission, later known
as the Lincoln Utility Transmission, which doubled the pulling power
of Ford's Model T trucks ..."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration