OT What are these wrenches

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT What are these wrenches
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 08:28 am:

I have these wrenches that someone told me are Lineman wrenches. They are too thick (.200)for tappets and too thin for mechanics. \

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Nicholas

Looks like ordinary 'slim' double end wrench. Some just call any slim wrench a 'tappet' wrench as it describes the thin access required.

Have a set of thin open end, and they are handy in spots, or to double up when placing a hex nut on top to add a lock nut for safety.

Had known Lineman's pliers, with cutter edge and hammer end, but never Linesman wrench :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:13 am:

Forty years in the telephone business....believe me, I know what a "lineman's wrench" is....

A lineman's wrench is a heavy, double ended affair with different sized square openings designed to tighten the square headed nuts on utility poles. Each opening is stepped, so that you actually have four sizes at your disposal. Also called a "lag wrench", it's a brutal, heavy duty tool for constant use.

Google Klein tools and you'll get several images.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Try Alloy artifacts: http://home.comcast.net/~alloy-artifacts/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Thanks Ken "Neat Site" I found them, they are Duro-Chrome thin wrenches

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration