Reunion at the farm

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Reunion at the farm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:00 am:

I haven't been posting much lately because I've been busy getting ready for the family reunion here this weekend. Naturally, one of our activities was going for Model T rides.

Friday several folks rode the 1923 touring. We were going to use it again Saturday, but it died after starting three times and finally wouldn't restart. One of my Sunday chores will be finding out why.

With the touring out of service, I used the roadster. My little cousin Owen, the guy with the big grin, was the most enthusiastic rider. He had to go several times.

The roadster isn't roomy, but that didn't stop us.

No room for hitchhikers, though.

Into the setting sun.

There was a lot of doubling up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:37 am:

Steve, looks like you had a great time, that's what family is all about. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:41 am:

Great pics, great fun! Looks like some family members arrived in style!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:42 am:

G/M Steve, interesting Rolls Royce in the background. Have you been holding out on us?? I always thought you were one of us now a Rolls?

justsayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:43 am:

Families and a Model T, What a great way to spend the day. Looks like everyone enjoyed. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:45 am:

Steve,

Great Fathers' Day thread ....:-)

Thanks for posting !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:46 am:

Howard,

You have good eyesight - I did not even see that in the barn ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:48 am:

My bad ...

VW Bug in the barn - newer Rolls in the driveway

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:08 am:

Steve,

It just does not get any better than that.

Happy Fathers Day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:16 am:

I'm jealous. The only family reunions we have are at funerals any more. Kinda sad. But it looks like everyone in your crew had a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

Steve looks like you all had a great time! Happy for you and your family. Kevin, about the same here on my end. Small family for one thing, my sibs are scattered across the country anyway, wife's only sib and her kids show no interest whatsoever so when they come over the cars don't leave the barn. Oh well. Their loss!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 04:35 pm:

It was a bigger turnout than usual this year, with folks coming from Virginia, Texas, Alaska, Hawaii, and points in between. Some of the younger ones had never been to the farm before, and some were here as babies or toddlers long ago. Some of the boys showed up early and did yard work and other preparation, and their wives are live wires who took over in the kitchen and Made Things Get Done.

The Rolls is my brother's. Remember the Rajneesh in Oregon who had a Rolls for every day of the week? That's where this one came from. Mike says his is the Tuesday car.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

I see that someone in your family has 6 fingers on the right hand! Mighty big hand print on the first picture.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

Steve,

It is always good to have a backup. Your roadster saved the day! Looks like you were making lots of good memories. Happy Father's day.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

The '23....

" it died after starting three times and finally wouldn't restart.

With all the excitement of so many folks, so much use, and such a good time, any chance Mr. Frugal forgot to check the gas?

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

It turned out to be a sticking float valve. The five gallons I put in Friday had all leaked out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

The rajneesh bought his Rolls from the dealer in South Tacoma. They had purchased so many from the dealer that they actually had an open account.

At the very end they purchased 3 cars and took delivery on open account. Well when the end came the dealer was stuck with no cars and no money. That caused the demise of South Tacoma motors.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

"You have to eat green apples if you want to double up!"
Chico Marx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 10:58 pm:

I have read that the British military would only allow two models of cars in the sandy parts of North Africa, Might have ben the ambulances, I forget.
They were model T Fords and Rolls Royces.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration