A friends passing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A friends passing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Yesterday,a good friend of our Model T group left us after a long battle with cancer.Richard Mihm passed away. He was a wonderful person,a fine gentleman and will be missed.Rest in peace my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

This is the saddest part of this forum and hobby. Getting to know people and then being involved for so long that we lose those people. My condolences to the family. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

My condolences Jack. I hate to read about even folks whom I've never met passing on. Life is so precious and short, we all really need to appreciate it better. I try to remember to thank God every day that I wake up, especially with sleep apnea!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

Death and loss is inevitable. Doesn't make it any less painful though.
After my time in AFG, my resolve to focus on the gratitude of having
good people in my life (as opposed to the loss thereof) has been where
I place my energies. Soon enough, my turn will come. I hope to "poison"
as many minds as I possibly can with my old junk and attitude before I go.

Lead by attraction, not promotion. Make the Gunny proud.

R.I.P., Mr. Mihm. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

Richard was a very nice man! I met him this past winter when he and a group of T'ers came over to my house to look at my 1st model T purchase. He had nothing but kind words for me and lots of advice. I joined their Indy 500 club that month. He will be dearly missed. I know many of the club members knew him very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 06:43 am:

From Linda Crady, Richard Mihm's daughter:

Hi, everyone:
I hope you don't mind a blanket email, but I thought this might be the easiest way to spread the word. Please feel free to share this with anyone you think might wish to know.
My Dad's memorial mass with be this Saturday June 27, 2015 at 11:00 at the Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church in Cicero, IN. It will be the same kind of game plan as my Mom's service, with a light lunch to follow there at the church property.

He's being taken care of by Randall and Roberts Funeral Home, so if you wish to view his obituary, it should be on their website tomorrow (I believe it is randallroberts.com).
Thank you so much for your love and support for my Dad. It is truly appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

Even when it is someone I have never in any way known, it still saddens me to hear of the loss of good friends and loved family.
Cherish the memories. My sympathies to all who knew him.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 07:08 pm:

My neighbor just made his 89th. birthday yesterday in the nursing home, near death that evening. He passed this afternoon around 5:20 PM. I went to see him when I got done mowing his yard around 4 PM. Sure glad I did. Not sure he really knew I was there though. Rest in peace Jake.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration