RM brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: RM brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:18 am:

Last week I was working on a friends car with RMB but was hard to stop. Pedal was hard as stone but the car didn't stop.
It took me a while before finding what was wrong.
The worst is I was there before a couple of years ago.
Just watch the photos and look for the trouble.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:25 am:

One up ....One down.

Now that is something :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Does this mean the installation of RM's is NOT Murphy proof?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Dan,
The photos of the one up was after I found the problem and made the corrections.
The brakes were changed left - right.

Andre
belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:43 am:

The first two photos seem to be both sides of the car with the levers pointed down. Bet it stopped great in reverse!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:49 am:

Mark,
I didn't try but am sure it didn't stop running the normal way. Now it does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

It probably stopped very well in reverse!
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration