Looking for owner of motor number 7890028

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Looking for owner of motor number 7890028
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By james mabon on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Have the original, yes original sales receipt for this motor in a 1923 T Touring dated 6-1-23 from The Valford Co., Pittsburgh, PA.
Am curious if this motor/car is still out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 01:37 am:

Great, I hope you find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 02:53 am:

Not in my collection, sorry to say, as mine all have a "C" prefix for Canada.

Hope you find it, bet the owner would love a copy of the receipt.

Cheers! Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

I looked hopefully at my recently acquired 1923 motor and found it to be much later than your paperwork. Too bad, it would have been a great link to the origin. I hope someone finds your number.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 02:08 am:

Something's amiss here. The serial number list shows that engine being made on Thursday, June 27, 1923. Somewhat late for a car sold on June 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 07:21 am:

Perhaps the buyer put a deposit down on June 1 and the car was then ordered and delivered at a later date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

Over the years of owning and restoring 3 T's I've come to the realization that 'going by the book' trying to identify when cars were built, parts were made, when cars were assembled and etc. is not an exact science.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration