Old Photo-Two chickens a horse and a Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo-Two chickens a horse and a Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

Nice photograph on shorpy today.

Shows some nice detail on the touring car. 1916?

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

"Two chickens, a horse, and a Ford" - sounds like the start of a joke! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 04:24 pm:

Note the fine woodwork to build this structure, yet the porch posts
have been replaced with some pretty lumpy logs !!! Classic ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Great photo. I wish we knew more...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 07:48 am:

John,

I checked and there was not much additional information at Shorpy. Dane -- thank you for posting the link!

It is believed the black headlamp and side lamps rims were introduced in Jun/Jul 1915 ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc15.htm that states: Headlight door. Change from brass to black steel specified. Also the 6th Edition of the MTFCI Judging Standards. So if the rims were not painted black by the owner, then the car could be a very late 1915 or one of the 1916 model year cars. I tried zooming in to see if I could make out a horn button on the steering column or a bulb horn, but I did not see either one.

Cropped from Shorpy at: http://www.shorpy.com/node/19762?size=_original#caption

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration