Need some help here

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need some help here
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leffler on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

I have a 23 T . I am running a distributor and not getting the power that I should. I checked compression, 50 lbs all across the 4 . Number 1&2 plugs keep getting all black with carbon the other 2 burn real nice . I checked the cap for cracks and grounded each cylinder while running with a noticeable difference in the idle . Could this be a fuel issue , or an obstruction in the intake or is there something else that I am missing . I should mention that I running a gross jet in the carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Maybe there's a leak where the intake manifold feeds 3&4? Thus you must increase the fuel adjustment needle to make 3&4 run, making 1&2 run too rich?

Easy to check just after the engine is started before the exhaust manifold is too hot, spray something like starting fluid around the intake seals. If you have a leak, the idle will speed up. Don't spray anything flammable when the exhaust is hot.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration