Some off-brand E and J Headlights on a car-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Some off-brand E and J Headlights on a car-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

With the discussion recently about variations in E and J headlights I thought that this would be a good example to show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Hupmobile?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Neat photo. Are both front rims bent or is it just a photo distortion?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:39 pm:

I have a side lamp exactly like that setting on my computer desk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

i think its a metz. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 08:23 am:

Herb, what recent discussion? I did a keyword search for the last 30 days and found this and one other (lights for sale). I have E and Js on my 14 with no number on them and am trying to find out more. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 02:15 am:

Yes, that is a Metz model 22. probably 1912 to '14, and most likely 1913 (standard) roadster. It does not have a stock gasoline tank for the standard roadster (it was smaller, oval, and mounted onto the back of the seat). The 1913 Metz special roadster had a similar tank (to this one), but totally different cowl (much more open) and slightly lower seat. In 1914, the special roadster was replaced by a model simply called the speedster (and you thought we created that!). There were several minor differences plus the speedster came standard with wire wheels (special roadster was wood standard), and the car came standard painted orange. The special roadster was red and black.
The standard Metz roadster (which I think this is with a larger gasoline tank) was usually a dark blue body and fenders over cream/yellow wheels and chassis. It is difficult to tell in this black and white photo, but I do think that is the colors this one is.
Great photo! I love it!
Thank you.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration