OT- Barnfind, not a Ford.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT- Barnfind, not a Ford.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

I always hear of people finding old cars and just once I wish it could be me. Well, today I found something. It's not a T but I thought some of you would like to see it anyway. I was strolling down an alley when I spotted this rotting garage. Inside I found a roughly 1937 or 1938 Plymouth Sedan. I hear a little old lady has it and wants to get rid of it. I'm trying to track her down. Anyway, here are the pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Very nice, go for it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

Looks like the cats have been having fun with it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Dave,
Looks like it is in excellent condition outside....hope no critters got inside.

Go for it....hope it works out for you and it does not become a Hot rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

Yes the cat prints are funny and it won't become a hot rod if I get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:51 am:

Really like that body style! 4 door touring sedan with what I call a bustle trunk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:19 am:

I think it's a Plymouth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Very nice find!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:24 am:

Yep, a 38.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Very nice shape from the photo's anyway. Window's closed & body looking really nice. good Luck. Worth getting even if it's just to flip it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:56 am:

I bet the Hammer is full of all sorts of those treasures!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Very nice. Don't find many MoPars any more.
Didn't they go to the headlights on the fender in '38, or was that just the Dodge?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

Dave,
Hope she can still find the title.
Here's model #, serial # and engine #.
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

The 37 and 38 look very similar from the back or side, but the grille is different. I could tell which it is if you post a front view.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

I love the streamlined shape of the body. Please keep us posted!

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

Certainly one of my fantasies... hope your negotiations are successful and satisfactory to both parties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Thanks for all the replies and photos. I'm headed there right now to see what will happen. I took those pics from the hole in the garage door so no front view yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Ok. I got a closer look at it. There was an elderly couple there. They said it is their son's car. You know what that means. No screaming deal to be had. Dad thought it was a Chevy. I assured him it's a Plymouth. His wife is certain it's a '37. They let me in to see it. It's been there 15 years and supposedly will run. I opened the passenger door and it was smooth like new. The interior looked very good from what I could see. Too much junk in the way to get a pic. I phoned the owner. He says the interior is redone. It has wire wheel covers but he says he has the originals. He sounds very firm at $7000 for the car. It's not for me. I said I would post it here and anyone serious could contact me and then I would contact him. I hate to see it go to waste and I don't want the rodders to get it although being a four door, it might be safe. Here are front pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

Barn finds do exist. This is mine a couple of years back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 11:25 am:

That's a 38 Plymouth. They are very easy to work on. In fact much easier than a Model T. Only thing hard is to replace the radiator. You have to take the grill, and front fenders off to get to it. Once you learn how, though, it is not hard. You can do most of the engine and transmission work without removing the engine from the car.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 11:49 am:

Won't be worth much if he waits for that shed to collapse on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

That car looks pretty nice. Not a rust bucket and probably pretty tight judging by the pics of the doors. Its worth at least 5000.00 and maybe more if the engine and drive train is stiil good.
And I bet it is!
I have to say it would make a nice street cruiser also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Yes, I think it's a very solid car and worth the price. I'd like to have it but, time, money and storage space are in short supply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

I had a '40 DeSoto back in the 70's. The MoPars of that era are very dependable drivers. Solid as a rock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 12:33 am:

Watch what you say, Mike. Praise of anything but FOMOCO products
here will draw the wrath of the narrow minded around this place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 07:41 am:

:-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 07:54 am:

At least with that car people at shows would get the manufacturer right. Regardless of what make it is, people always walk past round fendered vehicles and say, "My dad had an old Plymouth just like that!"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration