Sanding Primer/Lacquer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Sanding Primer/Lacquer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

I have a question for those who are familiar with Eastwood High Build Self Etching Primer. Is it ok to use Lacquer paints as a finish over it? Or is it advisable to use an enamel based paint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 07:52 am:

I'm not familiar with it, but if there's any form of Mfg. identification on the can, I'd contact them with that specific question. That, or try a test spot on something laying around first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 09:17 am:

You should know what you're buying but this might help.

quote:

These lacquer-based, metal-etching primers improve the adhesion and durability of most non-epoxy topcoats,...

ĽUse with non-epoxy primers and topcoats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 09:20 am:

It should give instructions on the can as to what type or brand of paint to use with it.
Try a search on the net to find your answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 09:35 am:

Forgot to mention: The key word is "epoxy". Don't use this with body filler either unless it's prepared first.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration