'24 Touring question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '24 Touring question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:13 am:

I have a '24 Touring that has been COMPLETELY disassembled and while doing an autopsy yesterday I discovered only one of these. It looks as though there are locations for 4 of them that screw into steel inner support braces in the rear on either side of the rear seat. Anyone have a photo or drawing of how they function and support the top bows?
Thanks to all for guidance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:17 am:

You need only 2 of them. They protrude through the holes in the body. There should also be saddles attached to them to properly cradle the top bows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Saddles...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:21 am:

Saddle pads & straps...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Here is the threaded top prop rod sticking out of the body. The saddle is hanging loose, upside down.

And with top down, the saddle and straps hold the folded top from bouncing .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Aren't those examples in the photos too long, especially the last photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

They look long because they ARE long. They are the fender irons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

Bill

Well what the? :-) All these years have used those prop rods, normally the top is up and take them out and put the plugs back in the hole.
Wondered why when left in they stuck out so far!

Now have to get a set of short correct prop rods...ah...more things to shop for at swaps.
Or just get out the cut-off saw :-)

More correct length on the threaded top prop rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

Mine were stuck fast (or so I thought) until I started driving the car and they started unscrewing themselves

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration