OT - Wayne Sheldon will be back soon!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Wayne Sheldon will be back soon!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Sheldon - Grass Valley, CA on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

Hi, I'm Wayne Sheldon's wife, Linda. I thought I should let you know that my husband, Wayne, had a major heart attack Saturday evening, the 20th. He's doing much better and should be home soon. I was not in town at the time it happened. I was 6 hrs. away in Eureka, CA, helping my elderly parents. My mom's doctors discovered she had a cancerous tumor in her brain last week and is scheduled for surgery this Thursday. It will be a very risky operation. I left Eureka the morning after Wayne had the heart attack and I am staying at his side. He needs me more than ever before. He's the love of my life!

Take care, always!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

Thanks for the news Linda, however painful it is to report to the Forum Community.

I will join with many others in prayerful support and hope for a speedy recovery.

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Linda,

Thanks so much. I'll say a prayer for them both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

As we say down here it's time for the prayer warrior's to get to work:Here's hoping for a fast and full recovery!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

Thanks for posting and prayers and get well wishes are being sent your way. Sounds like you need all the help and support you can get. Best wishes for your Mom as well.

Gene in SoCal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

Our prayers have been offered for Wayne and also for your mother. And prayed for you too Linda.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:04 pm:

We will be for praying you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Prayers comin' from the Oroville area.
Linda & David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

Linda,

What a plate to have to deal with.

God Bless You & Wayne

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

Linda, You and the entire extended Sheldon family are in our prayers.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Lawrence - Nevada City, CA on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

Glad to hear that Wayne will be ok. I'll bet that he is glad to be home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Believing for a full recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

My best to Wayne and his family. He has been, and is, a major if not the most significant contributor to the Forum from the Santa Clara Valley Model T Ford Club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Well Linda it is said that those "OLD GRASS VALLEY GUY"S" are hard to keep down very long.. My best regards for him to a speedy recovery. I had a mild one two years ago and had a 4 way bypass and have continued Rehab since and I (according) to my wife do more than before I had my problem. Also the very best to your Mom in Eureka.

Bill D
Redding

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

Been there, done that. Mine was in 2008.
Wayne has always looked very healthy, at least to me.
It's time Wayne slows down, stops those looooong commutes and starts getting back to enjoying the model T hobby that he loves so much..
He has been missing the endurance runs and local tours for several years now
I hope that this is a wake-up call.
Gotta eat right, rest and enjoy life. That doesn't mean you can't work hard too.
At 78 I work 5 plus days a week, but I also go to three or even four ballroom dances every week. And I enjoy the hell out of them.
Work or hard exercise is healthier than driving long distance in a damned car.
Light work and easy exercise with short driving trips is the answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

Wayne is a true gentleman, and although we've not met in person I consider him a good friend. I'm glad to hear he is recovering, and it sounds as though he is lucky to have you by his side. All our prayers as you help your mom and Wayne through their health issues.
Rob Heyen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

I am so sorry to hear this. Your family will be in our prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Linda, I'm sorry to hear of such hardships. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for your Mom and for Wayne. Wayne has proven to be a gentle man and a true friend on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

Linda,

Our prayers are with You, Wayne, your Mom and all the rest of your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 12:07 am:

Linda,

Thank you for posting....my prayers are with you and your family. Please follow up and let us know how Wayne and others our doing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 12:46 am:

all the best to Wayne and you to Linda.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 06:49 am:

Get better soon Wayne.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 07:55 am:

Linda, my prayers go out to you for a successful surgery and recovery for your mom and for Wayne's recovery too! Stay strong, keep the faith. God is with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 11:00 am:

Get well soon Wayne and hang in there Linda. Our prayers go out to you and your family in this difficult time.

Wayne, do what the doctor and Linda says to get well. We're looking forward to seeing you back on the forum in the near future. As with all of our irreplaceable members, it's not the same without you.

Sincerely,

Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Sheldon - Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 11:08 am:

I can't thank you enough for all your prayers and best wishes! There was a chance Wayne was going to be discharged yesterday, the 22nd. He has suffered some set-backs and we don't know when he will be coming home. By the way, Aaron, Wayne has not been commuting for at least the last 9 years.

Take care, always!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stephens on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 11:37 am:

Wayne,

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Tom in Arnold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

Have just returned from Roseville, CA (near to Grass Valley), and had hoped to connect with Wayne. Just now checked the Forum... Hopefully, we'll have another opportunity.
Wayne, GET WELL SOON!
Marv Konrad, Green Bay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Wayne, I hope you get back to us soon. I especially enjoy your knowledge and your willingness to share.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

Bless you Wayne. Always enjoy your thoughts on the Forum. Take up swimming? I did.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration