Montana 500 Start

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Montana 500 Start
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

Good Luck to all the Racers starting the Montana 500 today!

Have a safe and uneventful day. Obey the speed limits and Beware of the radar guns.

Please keep us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

We're looking forward to seeing the first days results....and maybe some pictures or videos, too.

Gene - Do you think they'll obey the speed limits? :-)

Of course, the speed limit in MT is 70 if I'm not mistaken... Stand back, here they come!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

I went up yesterday, White Sulphur Springs is about 75 miles from my house, was going to ride my motorcycle but got about a mile from the house and it started raining, came back and got the Subaru. Got there about 4:30. There was a car show at the motel not only for T's but other cars, too. Not many other cars but there must have been about 35 or more T's. Jan said there were about 21 or 22 signed up for the 500 the rest were there for the tour that the Rocky Mountain T club puts on. That tour looked more interesting to me than the 500 but that's just my take on it. The tour was going on the pavement to Ringling, then the gravel to Maudlow, along the old Milwaukee tracks to 16 and down the canyon to hook up with the pavement about 30 -40 miles away. Those that didn't want to get off the pavement could take Bridger Canyon over the top of the pass and into Bozeman. They would then join up with the dirt drivers. I'd have taken the dirt. They then went to Three Forks where they are spending the night. There are about 20 cars on that tour, just about right. Tuesday they will go up Whitetail and back down through Harrison canyon to Cardwell, a couple other places and then to Montana City for the night. Wednesday, I dunno. Maybe past Canyon Ferry Lake and the Buffalo flats to Deep Creek Canyon and back to WSS. Lots of neat cars. One absolutely gorgeous 27 coupe. I should have gone. Too busy. I think they are doing about 125 miles a day. Just right.

Gene, the speed limit in Montana is 70 on two lanes but there is a ten mile per hour "grace" if you are passing another vehicle. The fine for the first ten miles per hour over is $20 and it does not go against your driving record and is not reported to your insurance company. Some idiots in the legislature got it changed to 80 with no grace on the four lanes but the two lanes remain the same. It is further from Alzada, Montana in the southeast corner to Yaak, Montana in the northwest corner than it is from Chicago to New York City. 55 is not an option. So: The unwritten rule is pretty much this: A Montana resident with a vehicle in "good repair" on a dry, open road with light traffic during daylight hours is ignored by the MHP up to about 85-87 mph. After 90 it can hurt. There are places here where it is close to 100 miles to the next town. The entire population of the state is less than one million with 2/3rd of them concentrated in the western 1/3 of the state. Not a lot of traffic to contend with most places.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

First day is in the books. I haven't seen the results yet. I would guess that Jillian Robison is in the lead based on how she screamed past me.

Out:
Garrett Green - rear end
Sandy Watt - mains?
Jamie Allen - rod
Rick Carnegie - motor

Jamie and Garrett may get back in if they can get repaired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

If Garrett needs parts he can come and go through my pile. He knows where I am.

They are going to have to start handicapping the race for driver weights. I think some of those guys out weigh Miss Jillian by 150-200 lbs! I'm not mentioning any names, just sayin'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 12:35 am:

You are on to something there Stan. My T is a different car when loaded up with four. Much more fun on my own with top down and widshield folded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 01:06 am:

Stan, the radar and speed limits are for thru any small towns. The radar guns are operated by members of the race committee just to make sure everyone follows the speed limit. Of course on the open roads the Sky's the Limit. It's Big Sky country so levers down and keep your arms in and head down.

Sorry to hear about so many break downs so early in the race.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 01:37 am:

Day one results:

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/indexnonrefresh.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 01:38 am:

By the way Gene, thanx for the Mother's car wax goodies. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

Day two is done. Jillian holds the lead. Mike R. broke his camshaft, but limped in. Brandon Langel lost a Buffalo knock-off. (Took it off at the gas station and somehow misplaced it, or some such thing.) Tony Cerovski, timer issues. Jamie Allen and Garrett Green are back in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Tom, Thanks for posting an update.

Drive Safe and have Fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 11:02 pm:

I am not seeing any results for the TT division. Wassup ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

Tom
Thanks for posting Day 1 results. Really enjoy the outcome day by day. Lotta work to do all that and it is appreciated. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 12:13 am:

The Rocky Mountain Club Tour is leaving early in the morning from Montana City on the last 88 miles to White Sulfur Springs so we can catch the finish of the 500. This should be good! Thanks for the updates. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Pat, what time is early??? Are you having breakfast in Mt City or Helena??? I'll try to run out and see you off. stanhowemt@aol.com 949-3448

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

OK, people .... some of us are waiting with baited breath for
the final results !

Hello ?

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 12:29 am:

Dunno who won the race but for those of you waiting with bated breath for the photos of the Rocky Mountain T Tour that stopped in Helena last night, I have another thread going on that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 12:59 am:

Congratulations to Jillian Robison winner of the 2015 Montana 500!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 01:19 am:

Hey, Burger, I think the TTs are still working on day one. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 09:49 am:

Way to go, Jillian! Her average speed over the 500 miles was over 54 mph! Amazing.

And congrats to the Ford-N-More bunch, who were 4 of the top 5 finishers. I believe y'all know what you're doing when it comes to Model T's. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

Congrats to Julian and All!

It sounded like another very successful event! More so for some than others but that's racing for you.

Hope to see a couple of pictures from this year and have a Safe Trip home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Sounds like a fun event, I can't wait to see the pictures from this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

Thanks Mike for the kind words. I didn't take any pictures, but I know Jilly did. There were several cars with Go-pros, so videos should be uploaded soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

On day three the orange flag came out which means that we are no longer under time and to form up after you have passed the obstruction in the road (usually construction).

In this case the obstruction was a herd of sheep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Those are referred to as "call girls" in Big Sky country, Tom. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

He He! Snicker! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 12:59 am:

Sheep are a flock, cows are a herd evev tho you herd sheep and you dont flock cows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

Here is the last line-up after the sheep.

Here are all of the past winners of the MT 500 that were present at the banquet.

Left to right, front row:

Tom Carnegie, Jillian Robison, Mike Stormo, Nan Robison, Garrett Green

Back row: Rick Carnegie, Mark Hutchinson, Mike Robison

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 11:57 am:

Tom
Thanks for sharing the results and posting the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Now I can tell you, There's some Real Model T Drivers"!!!

Thanks for the pictures

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration