OT totally, but an un-necesary distraction.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT totally, but an un-necesary distraction.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

So here I sit, checking out the site as I recuperate with my left arm firmly strapped in sling at my side, having had a reverse total shoulder joint replacement on Friday, when this little fella decided I needed company and wandered across the monitor screen. Hairy Legs
Hairy Legs again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

Scorpion? are those poison?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

Tony,

I hope you got someone to get rid of that ....

No way i could sleep with that in the room ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

I can stand a snake, but I'm afraid that would make me run from the room!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

Holy SHIT!! (sorry fellas...couldn't help myself)...cripes would I run like hell the other way. I know, I'm a sissy....and proud of it!!! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

eh, time to call the Orkin man! you are staying in a motel tonight while the house is being treated for bugs and that thing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux Margaret River West Oz on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

Can you get someone to pick him up with a cup or something and let him go outside in the garden where he belongs?. Live and let live!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

Just pick him up with a pair of tongs. Put him in a bucket and flush or throw him outside.

Course, you could always step on him, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:58 pm:

Nah.. its not a worry fellas, just a Huntsman spider.. fairly common here in Queensland Australia. This one was about 3 inches across the spread of its legs.. often get them walking around the house on the ceiling, up to 5 inches across with a body about the size of a the first joint of your thumb. They eat insects and live behind pictures on the wall. They will bite , but are not deadly venomous. I just put a plastic tub over them, slide a bit of card underneath and take 'em outside and let 'm go in a tree in the garden. Biggest fright you can get is if one decides to take a walk over you when you are asleep.... tends to make the hair stand up. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

Tony,

I feel your pain.......

Five weeks out today from two rotator cuff repairs and bicep tendon re-attachment. Good luck with your recovery (and pets),

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

Thanks Rob. I recall your post back in May. I trust your recovery is going well. I am surprised at the relatively low level of pain I am experiencing in the wound and repair, and am able to keep it under control with paracetamol type pain killers. Not much more annoying than a toothache, so far. Thought the hairy legged friend would cause a bit of a stir :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 12:13 am:

I had to do some googleing,
Paracetamol,Acetaminophen is the name adopted for this pharmacologic agent in the U.S

Sure glad to read you all's surgery's went well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 03:49 am:

That thing here would be dead in seconds. Just
the other night like 2am my cat attacking the
wall shredded one of those things with a hundred
legs. Just how do they do that while sleeping
can the cat hear it walking? I dont know, and
then just one moth & thats better than watchin
TV

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 07:38 am:

My house would no longer have pictures hanging on the wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 08:17 am:

Tony,
I was surprised at the lack of pain too. Three days after surgery there was less pain than I had for years before the operation. I've heard varying stories, with some saying their shoulder surgery was more painful than knee or hip replacement. Having experienced all three, the knees win hands down for more pain (in my case). :-(

My first doc wanted to do total joint replacement, however after reading about it, I went for another opinion and we did repair and tendon re-attachment. So I'm not in the same boat as you, with joint replacement. Take care, and let us know how your recovery goes,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 08:27 am:

Tony; Maybe you can teach him to type while you are recovering!:-) Wishing you a speedy recovery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 10:12 am:

I found one of those on the ceiling of a motel we were checking into
while in Oz. A broom urged him to find another place to spend the
night.

If you guys think this thing is a problem, Google "camel spider" !
We had them all over AFG. Big ones were larger than my hand. The
real issue was snakes. All AFG snakes are night hunters and all AFG
snakes are super venomous. As if the cobras weren't serious enough,
the saw scale vipers might make a guy think twice about a run to the
latrine at night, but the real threat was the krait. These little guys were
said to be many times more toxic and were aggressive, actually giving
chase to anything that came into its area. I witnessed this myself, when
one of our vector guys asked for some assistance in flushing some out
from under a loaded pallet. Small and fast and able to make you dead
before you could get to help .... they were something I was always concerned
about.

And all of the above loved to hide in boots, bedding, or basically anywhere
a guy might want to kick back after a day in the heat and sand. Just
one more aspect of the good times we had over in AFG.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration