Grinding Valve Stems

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Grinding Valve Stems
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 08:36 am:

Here is my set-up for adjusting valve stem length. I'm using the 12" disc sander on my Shopsmith with 240 grit paper. I can move the valve back and forth while rotating the valve. The finish came out good, and the end flat. I cut a bit at a time and checked the length with a dial gauge.

Phil

Valve Stem Grinding Jig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 11:29 am:

pretty nifty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

I do it much the same way, using a grinding wheel mounted in a lathe.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration