Door lock cylinder

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Door lock cylinder
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

I have a 24 tudor and I need a key for the door lock . do they use a common key for each model year ? on the back of the cylinder it says briggs & Stratton . and on the shaft the # is 23232 . maybe the key # ? any help would be appreciated . thanks, Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 03:14 am:

Ken, on my 1925 Fordor, I had the original Yale lock, with a number on it but no key, I was lucky to find a locksmith, who "thought", they could make a key for it, so leave the lock with them, and let them try. A couple of days later, I called them, and they said yes, they made a new set of keys for it, and cost was only about $23! I think it was more of a challenge for them, to see if they could do it right, I know it took a few tries, but, they came through for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 11:17 am:

My 26 Tudor has a new replacement from the vendors and it is a Yale lock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

Ken, unless your cylinder looks "fresh as a daisy", you may, or may not, be able to get a locksmith to make a key. The problem is the pot metal material Briggs and Stratton made their cylinders from, which like pot metal carburetors, are prone to swelling, cracking, and deterioration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

On some keys. like kwikset for example, the number on the shaft could be the cut code.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration