Paint Color Running Board Bolts For A 1911 Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Paint Color Running Board Bolts For A 1911 Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woolf on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Hey Guys,

I am coming close to being ready to bolt my fenders and running boards on my 1911 T.

The car will be all blue - my question is what color should the running board bolts be painted?
I would think they should be black, because I assume the bolts for all of the cars were one color, and I would think that they would not repaint them after they were installed.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Not sure of "absolute correctness", but I'd paint them blue. Even though the blue is very dark, black bolts (in my opinion) will jump out at you and be distractive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Jim-
I painted mine blue.

Be sure to get any zinc off and prime them with black primer first, just like the rest of the body.

The square nuts on the underside I painted black.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 07:50 am:

The MTFCI Judging Guidelines say fenders and running boards should be painted either black or body color on Touring Cars, Town Cars, and Coupes; body color on Runabouts. The bolts are not mentioned, but I agree with Les that black ones would stand out if you go with the body color on the boards.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration