OT 1907 Model R on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT 1907 Model R on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Tuominen on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 10:36 am:

Any comments on this 1907 Model R in California?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 11:31 am:

What one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 11:36 am:

you mean this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-/231599506626?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35ec68 04c2&item=231599506626

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 11:39 am:

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 11:42 am:

Any comments...Yes it may need tires

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Dennis you forgot to mention it is parked in front of a no parking sign!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

Looks like a good solid car, from what little I know about the pre-T series... I sent an email to them and asked if the body number matched the engine but never heard back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

I wonder what it will fetch, shame about the top being left up during transport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 02:27 pm:

It is not a bad car, and the parts that are not correct are probably updates put on after the car was in service.

The side lights are Browns. It is doubtful they are originals. Flare side E&Js would be authentic.

The coil is a Pittsfield, which I do not think we're ever used by Ford. It should have a Heinze coil box and coils instead.

The carburetor is a Holley Model W, which was used on the 1908 Model NRS cars. The car seems to be a little early for this carb from the research I have done. Still, the Model W is a good, dependable carburetor.

The radiator may or may not be correct. I have seen this style of radiator with a top tank made like a brass radiator T's before on other NRS cars, but the most common type has the top tank stamped out of one piece of brass.

The car needs a drip pan under the engine and transmission assembly. The operative word is drip. If it still had its original drip pan it would have prevent the poop from the transmission from accumulating on the front radius rod.

All in all, most of this car is correct and complete. It would make someone a good first NRS car, and a restoration project. I hope it goes to a good home.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

Trent,

Thanks for the useful information. Just wondering, what would a car like that be valued at?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

I've seen a rustbucket N that they were asking $60K for, doubt they got it. Also passed up an R (I think, can't quite remember) in Upper Mich. couple of years ago, was asking $35K for it. Kicking myself. Nicer shape than this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

This one sold at auction last year, 38k nice and clean.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1907-FORD-MODEL-R-ROADSTER-161 543

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 02:13 am:

I do hope that someone could tell me that that is NOT the one I had a chance to buy for $7000 less than 20 years ago. I just did not have the money at the time and never did go look at the car. I was told by a good friend that had seen it that it was nice and if there was any way I could swing it, I had to. But I just couldn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 09:10 am:

Wayne I hear ya! I made that same mistake couple of years ago. Still wish I'd have gone for that R up in Michigan. Oh well. Reason for everything. Glad to see you're "up and at 'em"!! Hope you're doing well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Definitely good to be back!
Thanks Tim W and all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

ended at 34,870.....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration