Experience with Modelthaven.com

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Experience with Modelthaven.com
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

Hi all, has anyone had any experience with modelthaven.com before? I am looking into buying my first model t from them (a 1922 chassis with engine and title) and was wondering if they negotiate on prices and are helpful with shipping.
Thanks, James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Ask for many pictures,and ask a lot of questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

I agree with Jack.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

I don't know if Mark negotiates on prices. They're pretty low to begin with. But it doesn't hurt to ask. I've been there several times for parts, because it's just two counties away and the prices are reasonable. But I don't know about paying to have something shipped halfway across the country. You might be better off paying a little more for something close to home. Whatever you get from Model T Haven, especially at a bargain price, you can assume will cost lots of work and dough to restore.{

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

He is VERY easy to deal with.
I have bought from him.
A friend of mine bought a body from him. When it got to California the buyer was NOT happy with it/
Mark took care of him.
The buyer ended up happy.
I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

My dealings with Mark have been somewhat ok
Model t haven been around for awhile and i heard both good and dad but alot of marks stuff is junkyard quality i mean mark has two engines you need one pick you could get realy lucky or get bust
So like jack said lots pics call chat with mark see what you feel
Usualy when something got asking prices theres some wiggle room but only mark knows forsure
Remember buying sight unseen is always risk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

As far as asking questions I would ask about engine and transmission condition. Same goes for the rear end also.
As far as shipping the chassis ( engine assembly with transmission, rear end, frame and etc,
the cost of shipping will probably be more than the entire chassis is worth. But that depends on the chassis condition of course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

I have purchased at least six cars from Mark and yes he will negotiate what he can. I always have enjoyed my trips down to Iola to see Mr Model T . I recommend him highly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brennan on Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

Purchased my 3rd Model T from Mark a month ago. All that I was hoping for & more. Mark is easy to work with. Has always been honest and up front with me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 09:12 am:

All I know is, for all the piles of parts they supposedly have (also heard they're down to about nothing), they've never been able to find something I've needed. Not complaining, it's just the luck of the draw!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

Time for a road trip! Maryland to Kansas is not that far.

I visited Mark 2 summers ago and had lunch with him and his family. Seem like nice folk and what he sold me was good quality (but I was there to pick it out).

Its a place you ought to visit.You can learn a lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

I needed an early '15 block and a wishbone with the threaded ends and Mark fixed me right up. I spent quite a bit of time walking through his yard finding the above items. Once I found them, I asked his expert opinion if I was buying good quality parts, and he assured me they were. Granted, I made myself vulnerable to him, but he knows his stuff and seems to be an honest man. Ultimately, time will tell if he was correct. I trust him. Furthermore, while looking through piles of parts, I found a turtle and cute little bunny. Made my day. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

I once emailed Mark to see if he had any 1925 pickup fender irons he would sell. He said he did, and would bring them to Chickasha for me. When I saw him, he showed them to me, and they were touring car fender irons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

A friend went out there in April and brought back a truck load of things he needed. He loved looking at the stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

I tried to buy some wheels from him once and will no longer have any thing to do with him. Hate to say any thing negative but he really disappointed me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

James Keller: Just to show you how fair Mark is Pay attention to the following:
I ordered a radiator from him, it was shipped to California. H e was told by his customer it was good, however I bought it and installed it and it was really bad. He gave me full credit--- NO QUESTIONS asked, and did not have to return ship it to him. He is great. So deal with his if you can. Good luck in your upcoming project, as they are Fun and can be a headache. If building from the ground up they are like a jig-saw puzzle. You put it together and y9u have to take it apart as you got ahead of yourself. Also take photos as you go. Been there done that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

I called and ordered a metal coil box lid a few years back and it was just right- worked well and was shipped promptly Not a big purchase- but my experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

Mark may not be home for a couple of days.

He was in Nebraska buying parts today (brown hat, center).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

My first rolling chassis I bought from them. When I got it home I opened the engine, it had a bad crank. They did willingly trade it out for a better one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration