OT - Sorta... California traffic tickets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Sorta... California traffic tickets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

UNREAL! Fortunately, I 'escaped' last weekend...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/26/all-about-money-motorists-plagued-by- sky-high-calif-traffic-ticket-fines/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason, Whittier, CA on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

Unless this kind of thievery is stopped, it's only a matter of time before the unelected bureaucrats of the Department of Redundancy Department find out the reason behind our friendly disagreement with England 239 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

Had shared the link with my Bro-In-Law in San Diego. He replied "Tickets are expensive (976.00 to park in a handicap spot)." Ya gotta love California! (Took my Wisconsin 'mirror hanger' along and used it while we were there. Wife's daughter was afraid to use it, even when we were along!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

How many people does California Dept. of Corrections house or monitor ? And at
what annual cost ? When I went through Academy, the annual cost was $35K per
inmate. That was using 2003 statistics.

How many people are on the dole via welfare and other "social programs" in California ?
.... and at what cost ? My family immigrated to California in 1866 and my parents took
the family out of there in 1966. The California my Grandparents knew is nothing like the
backwards empire it has now become.

I can see the headline now: "California found dead this morning. Apparent cause of
death: self strangulation."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 09:29 pm:

It's better than Finland. In Finland the fine is a percentage of the annual income so that everyone is penalized equally for the violation.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

I shared the link with my Bro-In-Law in San Diego. He sent me a couple links with his reply:
http://www.sdcourt.ca.gov/pls/portal/docs/PAGE/SDCOURT/GENERALINFORMATION/FORMS/ ADMINFORMS/ADM295.PDF

This does not include what is paid for outside traffic school.

Tickets are expensive (976.00 to park in a handicap spot). Add $900 for 2nd offense.
http://catrafficticket.com/ca-traffic-ticket-fines/

Like I said - "Glad I escaped!"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration