OT - Found on 'PowerNation'... Dumb Blonde 'Reality'?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Found on 'PowerNation'... Dumb Blonde 'Reality'?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

"What argument?"
http://powernationtv.com/post/how-long-does-it-take-to-travel-80-miles-at-80mph- this-wifes-answer-is-amazing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, June 26, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

I quit asking people that one.
It just really pisses me that people can be that stupid.

If an electric train is going with the wind at 60 MPH and the tail wind is 60 MPH will the train's smoke go straight up, straight back or forward of the train?

Why do firemen wear red suspenders?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 12:13 am:

How high is up????

just askin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 03:28 am:

Twice the distance from the middle to the top! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:23 am:

Hubby can't figure out why Model Ts get rear-ended by distracted drivers. Now, he is the smart one in the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:25 am:

There's a LOT of stupid people walking this earth!

Some are even in high-ranking positions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

I've been told the reason we can't figure out how much oil reserves we have is because the oil is in Texas and the Dipsticks are in Washington DC.

:-)
BTW, if you are ordering gas line tubing, be sure the specifications list the OD larger than the ID, or the hole will be on the outside. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Aaron - Nobody answered your question, but the obvious answer is that there "IS" no smoke from an electric train!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

you got it Harold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

Getting back to that electric train.... If it is powered by diesel it may smoke a bit :-)
Oh, and if it crashes crossing the border from the USA to Canada, where do they bury the survivors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

There is always more than one way to look at things. Electric trains can catch on fire which would result in them having smoke. Obviously not the intent of the question but still a possibility.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

They are a well-matched couple.
How stupid do you have to be to operate a camera while driving?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

I see someone who is spatially challenged in the thinking process. I had a hell of a time
with the abstracts of calculus, but geometry (where I could see a visual representation of
the math) was a breeze.

I am betting a pencil and a piece of paper would aid this poor girl muchly in her grasping
of the concept. As it is, she's adding in all sorts of irrelevant factors like running times, tire
revolutions, and some odd fascination with cutting the number "in half" to compute an answer.

Not everyone gets to be an astronaut in life. Plenty of really smart people are fat, lazy #@!'s
Others are incapable of interacting with the opposite sex without putting their foot in their mouth.
How "smart" is that ? "Stupid" takes on all sorts of "faces".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 03:41 pm:

Well said Chris.
Here, down-under, there's presently a big safety push on about operating cell phones while driving.....with the words....."Get your hand off it"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 06:44 pm:

It seems our law of no phone use while driving has been interpreted as
"Thou shalt no drive without a phone in hand" by most people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

Too fast for a Model T. You could never go 80 miles in one hour in a stock Model T.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 09:54 am:

My wife is teaching a college class on ethics and she is amazed that the students don't know how to write or understand a simple question.

A recent homework assignment was to list 5 issues on a particular subject "In their own words" that are in the textbook.
The 5 items were in a single paragraph and less than 5 words each.
50% of the class could not do it
Anyone with thesaurus could do it without straining their brain.
One guy wrote a whole paragraph on one of the items and was upset when he was given a low mark because he did not answer the question.

She is now beginning each class with a grammar lesson but can't figure out how to deal with their inability to follow simple directions.

These students are the future doctors, engineers, and politicians!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Bill Harris -
"Survivors" generally don't like to get buried, no matter which country they didn't die in. :-)

Do I win a cigar?

Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 10:31 am:

The new history test for our public school students:
(1) What color was George Washington's white horse?
(2) What year did the War of 1812 start?
(3) Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?
(4) How may players are on a nine-man football team?
(5) During the American Revolutionary War, what color uniforms did the British Redcoats wear?
(6) What scientist proposed Einstein's Theory of Relativity?
(7) For what Italian explorer is the city of Columbus, Ohio, named? (Extra credit: In which country is Ohio located?)
(8) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
(9) Which direction did the American Western Expansion go in the 1870's?
(10) The sinking of what U.S. battleship in 1898 gave rise to the patriotic cry: "Remember the Maine!"
My guess is that most students would get fewer than 7 correct answers. :-( Common sense is dead. As one poster once wrote here: "Common sense isn't so common any more." The dumbing down of America continues...

Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Wasn't the 100 Year War a series of wars that lasted about 116 years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 11:42 am:

A trick question....Back when they named that war, no one could count higher than 100. Hence...the Hundred Years War. :-)
M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 11:56 am:

Back before the 100 years war, some folks had figured out that the earth rotated around the sun and the moon around the earth. Can you do the maths involved in that determination. They could back in the 16th century......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

-Hey, Marshall!-
The 'quote' can actually be attributed to Charles Osgood, heard many years ago: "The only problem with common sense is that it isn't all that common." Today's generation seems to have a 'disability' with even balancing a checkbook, let alone historical facts. Kinda like - "The more things change, the more they stay the same"....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 01:55 pm:

Fred,
Your Wife's class reminds me of the US History college class I took some twenty years ago. The "professor" (I use quotes, and you'll soon learn why) had three tests and a term paper--this was a summer course, the only one he taught that summer. The first test I got a D on, and I asked why, as I had answered all the questions correctly, and directly. His response was, "I expected more scholarly answers." Hmm; next test I totally miss-studied and didn't know the answers, so I wrote long paragraphs of BS. Got an A-, the minus because as he wrote on the paper; "I don't think you answered the questions." Well, DUH, that's because I didn't know the answers! Wrote a very detailed term paper on the Constitutional Convention and it came back with just a + sign on it--he didn't "have time" to make more comments is what he told me at an office hours' meeting--and then he told me he thought I might "get the hang of" college. I had gone back to college & at the time was in my late 30s. When I did get my degree it was Cum Laud, so I think I got the hang of it. The guy was fired a semester later under the shadow of sexual harassment.
So, the lack of common sense isn't new!
Marshall, "Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?" is actually a trick question my High School history teacher gave as extra credit on the final exam. The real answer is "Grant AND his wife!"
Back to your regular programming. . . . :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

Marvin -
Yup. Thanks for the correction. Give credit where credit is due - although I prefer cash instead of credit. N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk...:-)
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 02:04 pm:

Fred is correct about the wife accompanying "Useless" Grant in his tomb, as his detractors call him. Most people think Grant's Tomb is in Washington D.C., when it's actually in New York City!
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

Guys, guys, guys. Nobody is buried in Grants tomb. The remains of U.S. Grant and his wife are entombed there. Burial is when the remains are put underground, which they are not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Interesting point of distinction. 'Makes sense.
M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

Try these on your friends sometime:

How many 3 cent stamps are in a dozen ?

Do the British have a 4th of July ?

I have gotten the woman and the 80mph discussion out of many
with these two, especially the 3 cent stamp question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Hmm, if there are 4 3 stamps in a dozen, are there 3 4 stamps in a dozen?? Or does this make cents?
Heh heh heh!
BTW, blame it on "New Math"! :-)
Hmm, so my High School teacher was technically WRONG!!
"Veeedry Interestink--But Shtuuupid!" (OK, I couldn't resist the "Laugh-In" line--and now I'm really showing my age--and it's all in fun anyway)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

Both of those came from a standardized "common sense" pre-employment test.

Wash out the boneheads before they fill out a W-2 and you can't get rid of them !

I don't claim to be the brightest bulb on the porch, but it really is amazing how many
people just don't "get it" ! 8^O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

I was removed from class when I informed the teacher that she was wrong when she said that the Statue of Liberty was on Ellis Island.

My parents had recently taken us to Y City. We had visited the Lady where I learned that it was on Bedloe's island. The teacher insisted that I was wrong and I was not going to back down. My parents were called to school and soon informed the principal and teacher that she was wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

What I really get fired up about is not so much when teachers are wrong, but when they behave stupidly. Once, when my grandson was in the 6th grade they were having a discussion about Martin Luther King Jr. The teacher was explaining something MLK had once said. My grandson commented that what was said sounded like discrimination to him.

Instead of recognizing an opportunity for a discussion about what discrimination really is and that it can occur between any races (or any folks who are not exactly the same), she said to him, "You can go to jail for talking like that", and sent him to the school office.

Needless to say, I got the situation under control very quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

My second grade teacher (whom I liked) told our class that Henry Ford invented the automobile. It took me years to unlearn that "fact" and finally accept that she was wrong. This is also the same teacher who taught us that New York City was the capital of the State of New York. Jeez. Maybe the dumbing down of America started long before we think it did?
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

SFB Syndrome has been around a LONG time. It is only in recent
years that it has been actively promoted and taken on a more universal
popularity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

How many 3 cent stamps are in a dozen what exactly?
A dozen stamps? Or a dozen cents worth of stamps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

As I was going to St. Ives
I met a man with seven wives
Each wife had seven sacks
Each sack had seven cats
Each cat had seven kits

Kits, cats, sacks, wives ...
How many were going to St. Ives ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

LOL, One! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

You did not state which direction they were traveling, If any. Why all the trick questions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

Living in New Orleans, visitors would see the many graveyards with the above ground stone graves. Of course, knowing that the water table was high, the question you'd ask them is "Why can't a person living in New Orleans be buried underground?".....and the answer was almost always some discussion of the water table............well, sheesh, because they're still living of course.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Whitey Bulger wouldn't let a little thing like living stop him from burying people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

One of my favorite tests to give a class had the following directions at the top: "Carefully read the entire test before doing anything." This was followed by twenty absurd items which became increasingly ridiculous. They included things like Stand on one foot beside your desk and Say out loud, "I certainly have." The last item said, "Now that you have carefully read the entire test without doing anything, write your name at the top of the page, leave the rest blank, and turn in your paper." Very few passed the test.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 12:57 am:

Steve,
I remember that test--and I passed!! Forget what grade or class it was in, but it was fun to read, and even more fun to watch the other kids "answering the questions."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Another question that most people do not get correct is -

Since U.S. Presidents have to be natural born U. S. citizens, how many U.S. Presidents are not buried in the continental U.S.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

A blind guy goes into a bar.
As he has a drink he asks the bar tender if she'd like to hear a blnd joke.
She says, "I am a blond, the bouncer is a big blond and there is a blond base ball player at the end of the bar that carries her own bat with her." "now are you sure you want to tell that blond joke".
The guy thinks a minute and says, "Na, I'd hate to have to explain it tree or four times".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 05:18 am:

Where does the white go when snow melts? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 06:19 am:

Aaron - To answer your earlier question - To hold their pants up!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

David,
More important question, Where does the Yellow go when the snow melts???
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

HeHeHe. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 04:37 pm:

My 7th grade English teacher told our class that a carburetor mixes carbon with air.
I straightened him out and he wasn't happy with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

Dennis,
What former (deceased) U. S. President is not buried (interred, above or below ground) in any state in the union?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

Dennis,

1. What does the natural born citizen requirement have to do with burial location?

2. The only deceased president not buried (entombed or whatever) within one of the 50 states is Woodrow Wilson. His remains are in Washington, D.C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

A plane carrying 62 passengers crashed on the United States and Mexican border, There were 32 killed and 30 injured in the crash. Which country did they bury did the survivors in, The United States or Mexico?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

I couldn't watch the whole thing, it was too painful and I could feel my I.Q. dropping. She probably has a college degree and looks better on paper than I do.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration