Door hinge pins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Door hinge pins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 08:40 am:

I have, and had a bunch of door hinges for '26-27 closed cars. Every one I have checked fits a 1/4" (.250) pin, fits them good, not tight. but every one sells smaller pins for '26-27. I have looked them over good, and it does not look like the are spread open. Do I need to some how close them down to fit 7/32 (.2187) pins better, or do they stay that loose?

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 09:30 am:

Would these work;
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/hinge-pins-3239

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 11:44 am:

Thanks, I have looked at them, but I have to call to find out how long they are. I was just wondering what size others have found theirs to be, and what they ended up doing. I had 10-12 doors, and 4 bodies at one time, and one hinge pin! The rest were all nails, and a 1/4" rod fit them all.

Pat

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration