Rocky Mountain Tour Day One

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rocky Mountain Tour Day One
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 10:35 am:

The Rocky Mountain Tour was my first. We had a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures of the first leg from White Sulphur Springs to Three Forks. The mountains shown was the Bridger Range. We crossed them at Battle Ridge Pass, 6309 feet elevation. It was quite a pull. We spent the night at the Sacajawea Hotel. I think there were 21 T's on the tour. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Thanks for sharing....Those are great T roads and no traffic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

Beautiful scenery!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

That sure looks like a great tour. I love the wide open spaces, scenic hills & dramatic clouds. What were the temps like?

I would enjoy seeing more pictures!

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

Great touring country. Average highs there in late June are in the mid to high seventies, and lows in the mid-forties. But this year I see they got some unusually high temps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 02:46 pm:

Mebbee its just wishful thinking on my part but those great photos make me think of cool refreshing breezes and pleasant weather to be out on the road and just enjoy being alive.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

Those were fantastic photos and scenery. Makes me wanna go there some day. I agree with you Paul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

We actually just missed the hot weather. It was in the low 80's by late afternoon. Mornings were cool around 60. I'll shrink a few more pictures and post them tonight. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

Ya Paul that's excatly what we like about touring with our T. BUT, You have to take what you get and then think how the original owners family endured when the weather isn't perfect.
We're almost to Canada for the Jubilee tour and hoping for perfect weather but we'll take what ever we get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

In some recent threads about getting rear-ended and the dangers of modern traffic, I made
some comments about "just getting out there and driving". Last week I was in Atlanta and
surrounding areas and got to thinking how UNfun driving a T would be in those environs,
leading me back to thinking how grateful I am that I live in a place like where these pix were
taken and how people living in other areas do not get such fantastic places to go driving right
outside their door, or even a considerable distance away.

I left Seattle after 30 years when it suddenly dawned on me that no one was holding me at
gunpoint to stay. And I left the endless rain, the endless sprawl, the absurd traffic and legions
of amateur stunt drivers looking to destroy my car/s. One of the best decisions I ever made.
Wish I had done it the moment I got out of school.

Some people live where their job takes them. Others stay where their family has "always been".
I followed a vision in my mind where there were wide open skies, the smells of pine trees and sage,
cool old things, and a freedom to move about like it might still be 1910. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 01:37 am:

This video was done by Paddy. They tagged along taking photos and video of the tour. Part of each leg had a dirt road option. This was on day two. PK

https://youtu.be/Oe_8YrIg8bQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

"Some people live where their job takes them. Others stay where their family has "always been".
I followed a vision in my mind where there were wide open skies, the smells of pine trees and sage,
cool old things, and a freedom to move about like it might still be 1910."

You are a lucky man!

Vintage Paul, Megalopolis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Gene, the Canadian tour sounds like a real treat, I hope you have a great time.

I was just reading the book FORD TRAMPS last night in the section about traveling & working in Montana in July of 1925. The two twenty year old boys were stacking alfalfa out in a field in 105 weather for $2.50 a DAY!

The roads were dirt and very rough causing constant tire trouble. What a difference from the wonderful smooth roads you are enjoying ninety years later . . .

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 03:51 pm:

Nice thanks for sharing the photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

"You are a lucky man!" - Vintage Paul, Megalopolis

=======================================

Nothing lucky about it. I was sick of the place I had lived for most
of my life - the ceaseless rain and grey was depressing and the
arrival of the Microsofters, turning our rural area into a sea of strip
malls, "boutiques", golf courses, and McMansions, made the decision
to do SOMETHING pretty easy. I thought about what made me REALLY
happy, and how I might make that happen, sold off all my excesses,
and made the move. The feeling was like the first day of summer vacation
when I was in grade school as I left the swamps and headed out across
the desert. My first year was rough, financially, ... but it got better and
better.

One of the best things I ever did. Only wish I have done it sooner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

I wish I was there. Heck I'm from there. Red lodge. Need to get out there in the summer with my Torpedo and visit the kids and grandkids. Nice photos. Drive safe and watch out for the speed goats and Muleys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

One of the high lights was a visit to Lewis & Clark Caverns just out of Three Forks. The State has done a good job not turning it into Disneyland. The 9% 3 mile grade up to the caverns was quite a pull. We left the caverns and followed the Jefferson River for a few miles then turned north and headed to Boulder for a late lunch, then to Montana City for the nite. And yes, they do still work cows from horses. PK

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration