John Haynes Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: John Haynes Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

I was able to attend the John Haynes auction in Whitney, Ne. and will share a few pictures and prices.

1910 Touring, $25,000.00

1913 Touring, $22,000.00

1911 Roadster with mother-in law seat $35,000.00

1912 Touring $27,250.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

John in blue shirt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Had a great day for a sale, I was able to meet Steve Jelf from Ks, and say hi to Mark from Model T Haven. He was running down the street with a sandwich in his hand and no time to chat. Spoke to John who told me that he had sold this building, that was the main reason for the sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

I like that building. What kind of prices did the parts bring?

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

I didn't think anything was to high, and maybe some soft, I'll let some others share...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

Gee, it looks like he had as many T parts as Mark Freymiller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

Certainly would like to hear what some of the cars sold for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 12:50 am:

I got there at 8 30, left at 11 30. Very little godd stuff but a lot of stuff. Some scrap iron and for dealers a lot of cheap inventory if you call rear ends and frames inventory. Some brought good money, some they were struggling to get bids at all. Very well run, the auctioneers were top notch, movef right along but gave everybody time to bid and got every dollar there was in the crowd. I thought john should be very happy with the prices things were bringing. I spent less than 50 bucks and that was for 6 volt headlights for my jeeps and a john deere pto air compressor that will hrlp make up for all the money i spent to get there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 12:52 am:

Sorry for the messy post, trying to type on a verizon tablet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 07:48 am:

I would think, in theory, if someone bought many of the parts inexpensively they could spend the day cleaning them in their blast cabinet and sell them for profit or make them available to vendors to re-sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 08:12 am:

Sure wish I could have been there to get that 1913. That's my favorite year for sentimental reasons, among others. That one looked pretty decent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

Looks like a good sale, wish I could have gone but don't need more stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 12:16 am:

I'd have been there if we weren't hosting a family reunion in Deadwood. I didn't even mention it to Teresa. Could have used some parts and some wire wheels if they were there. Oh well. I've no place to store them anymore since the 100 mph wind through Pierre last Monday took out my 36x80 pole building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

Noel, I came through Rapid Saturday afternoon on my way to my ranch near Baker, Mt. If I'd have known you were having a reunion I'd have stopped and had a piece of Watermelon -- there were probably a lot of other old gray haired guys there, I could have passed myself off as a cousin.

As far as the auction, there was a set of wire wheel hubs that sold for about $450, not much for wire wheels, I looked at a couple of them - about like some I have. Unless you were looking for derelict engines, frames, differentials, driveshaft tubes, etc., there wasn't a lot there. Very small amount of decent sheet metal and a few decent small parts but not much. I delivered a Jeep pickup to Rapid City on Friday, went on to Chadron to a $150 motel room, went to the auction Sat AM with an empty pickup and 24 foot trailer and was headed back to Montana to the ranch so I could have dropped stuff off there or brought it back here. I couldn't find anything I couldn't live without, I have piles of that stuff already. I left at 11:30, there were a lot of empty spots in the parking lots. If you were a dealer or a new T guy there was a lot of stuff to buy, I just have all sorts of that kind of stuff already. There were two boxes of NH carbs and parts, some coil boxes, etc but nothing I needed bad enough to haul it back home. A lot of it was Model A stuff, which I am not interested in.

I took $5000 cash with me, spent about $45.

(If you need some wire wheels, I have a couple sets, was going to bring them back yesterday but it was hot and I was tired from working at the ranch, they are near Baker, Montana, about 300 miles west of you on 12 or 150 miles from Deadwood. I have to go back down and pick up a trailer at the ranch and a pickup I have setting in Miles City one of these days so if I don't sell them there I will bring them back here and put them on the classifieds after I get them off the chassis they are on. I'll maybe put them on the classifieds later today. I have pictures.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

I even underspent Stan. I paid the auctioneers a grand total of $21.63 (there was sales tax) and bought a few individual pieces from guys who had purchased whole pallets.
$2 each for a few exhaust manifolds to practice straightening, and when I asked Mark about getting three of his he just gave them to me. If I get them straight they can be used, and if I can't I'm not out much on the deal. I gave the scrapper $5 for a transmission that might have some usable parts in it, and bought a Hayes felloe for $1 and a good non-demountable rear rim for a couple of bucks. The only other big item was a box of about a dozen front and rear hubs and a bunch of plates for $5. My total was under $40. If it had been closer to home I might have taken a trailer and bought more, but like Stan, I didn't see a lot that I wanted. Much of the stuff needed major fixing to be usable. Torn sheet metal, rusted-sharp rims, etc.

Paid $1 for the felloe. If the rim turns out to be any good, it's a bonus.

The biggest parts purchasers were Mark Freimiller (brown hat) and a scrapper, but there was another guy who bought a lot just to save it from scrap.

Saturday evening and Sunday morning I went sight-seeing in the Black Hills for the first time in decades. https://www.facebook.com/steve.jelf/media_set?set=a.10200953474997143.1073741887.1774163394&type=3&notif_t=like

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on June 29, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 03:08 pm:

I felt bad that so much of it was going to go to scrap but I couldn't haul it and not sure but what I'd have sent a lot of it to scrap. I don't mean to sound critical but I think had the advertising shown more of what was actually there more people who could make use of a lot of it or who could have and would have saved it might have shown up and hauled a lot of it off for little or nothing. I think a few photos on the forum after it was all or almost all out so it would have shown what was there might have drawn some "trailer load" guys. Who knows?

I am back home, back in the shop working. It was a 1500+ mile weekend for me, left Friday morning at 7, got home this morning at 3, spent about $600 in gas to drag a trailer to Chadron and back. Fortunately I was getting paid some of that to deliver a Willys Forward Control FC150 to Rapid City and needed to go to my ranch anyway so that eased the expense bite to go to the auction somewhat. I spent close to $1000 on the trip for fuel and motels including the $150 one in Chadron.

Plus that Dodge Hemi sucks gas like an 8 day Camel drinking water on the 9th day. $3.15 a gallon at <10 mpg adds up pretty fast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 11:45 pm:

Looks like I might have spent some good time with a few other T guys and not much money as well. The shed I store my T stuff in blew down/away on Monday so now I've got to find a place to store all the good, bad, and ugly until the insurance helps me build another shed . Thank God the T's weren't in there! Stan, the reunion was Teresa's family (Erk) and they are the nicest folks you'll ever meet. We had enough food to even fill you up!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration