Info on speedster rear spring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Info on speedster rear spring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 10:58 pm:

How many spring leafs should a speedster have?
Remove one or two short ones? My front seems fine, the rear spring just seems stiff and just hates any little bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 01:50 am:

I always removed the first and third leaves from the rear spring for a speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 04:06 am:

I got my speedster running yet but I noticed this thread, here is a pic of my rear end. Do you guys think it might be too hard riding like this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 07:38 am:

Whoops I meant I "haven't" got it running yet....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Thank you Aaron! I will remove 1 and 3. Looking for a softer ride!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

Michael, along with softer ride will come bouncier ride. You may find this more disconcerting than the bumpy ride you have. I know I did, and reverted to just one leaf removed.

Your experience may vary.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

Kevin, have U checked your rear seals? The new outside seals worked good for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

Don't remove any. Your softer ride will result in the spring bottoming out and excessive rear end hop, especially if you hit a bump during braking or cornering. Nearly got in a bad accident due to this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 05:36 am:

Hal I haven't checked the rear seals although I took the right rear wheel off yesterday, someone pointed out the axle key is pushed up against the seal damaging it but its not leaking at all. What are the new type you refer to?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration