Running board support rods: one's bent, one's straight - which is correct

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Running board support rods: one's bent, one's straight - which is correct
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 11:15 am:

The 1912 touring running board support rods are different. One's bent, one's straight - which is correct.

Which one is correct for the twelve or are they both correct?

Thank you in advance, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 11:20 am:

The straight one is for the front of the car and the bent one is for the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Both

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 11:58 am:

One problem living on the west coast is that all the easy questions are answered before I wake up....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

awesome thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Bob:

If you have not already done so - go to my web site and download the free frame drawing there since is shows dimensions on the exact positioning of the running board brackets when using those truss rods. That drawing is made from Ford factory drawing dimensions taken from Ford drawing I have here on file. Getting the frame straight and square is very important. I make repro truss rods and the info you were given is of course correct. Those truss rods are often bent up because they hang down there to snag on tree stumps and things and usually they are just hammered straight and reinstalled. They can really be snakey on some early cars.

Go to www.funprojects.com and click on the "document library" on the front page of the site. There are 2 libraries - the upper one is for our product instruction sheets and the lower one is for everything else. Click on the lower library pull down menu and look for the Frame Drawing. It is free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

Tony,
Sleep is overrated!
:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration