Model T car show displays or ideas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T car show displays or ideas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

I built a motorcycle display that I shared with you a few months ago I think?

I want to make a Model T display now for the touring when it is finished.

Do you guys have a Model T car show display or ideas for one?

Just brain storming: I am thinking of a garage wall with tools and tires hanging from it, or island with an air pump and gas pump (saw this somewhere), or garage door with blown up pictures of some of the old pictures hanging on it or words on the door about the model T........

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and idea. Bob

PS: Capt'n Bluebeard tried having his way with the wench but she had a knife to his throat.

He thought about the mermaid but she was jail bate (HA HA HA - She is an adorable young lady of 24 and is my assistant.)

I said I wanted a Model T in the forefront and the ship in the background and this is what they sent me. Darn girls in the way of my display!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Guess it depends on what YOUR goal is! A sign board with information about the car on display would be fine as long as it's not in the middle of where I want to take a photograph of. I go to shows to see the cars not the displays.
Back in the old days of our T club, we did some shows with a garage or camping themed backdrop for our club display along with a cut away motor and a member on hand to talk about it and the club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

I would display it in something of a "mobile display", where the
car is actually driven on a long road trip and many people see it
all along your route, functioning as a real car, doing what it was
built to do. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

All the indoor shows I have taken my T to, I've used home made stanchions and a simple sign board.

Here it is in the lobby of the Buffalo Convention Center in March. (The Ford Banner isn't mine - it was put up by the owner of the truck next to mine)

And at the Cavalcade of Cars in Hamburg New York

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

some good ideas, thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

I'm afraid I've been out of touch, did cry baby dolls go out of style? :-)

cry_baby

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration