Unusual Lens

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Unusual Lens
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

The wife found this out in her garden while watering. Looks like a carriage light lens but big.
Anyone have any idea what it is for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

Interesting. But I don't recognize it. Any names like "Dietz" around the edge? The hexagon reminds me of Packard, however I doubt that there is a connection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Calvin Watts on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

Looks like lens off a floodlight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Put it back in the garden it's not done growing. Tell her to water it some more and perhaps the whole light will appear. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 05:30 pm:

OK, ... how long would it take to cover 80 miles, driving at a speed of 80 mph ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

You have to cut it in half to get the answer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Sunday, June 28, 2015 - 11:53 pm:

Calvin nailed it. Now you just need to find which flood light lost its lense!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 12:15 am:

How exactly does a person separate a floodlight lens section from the rest of the bulb ???

Aren't they a single piece glass casting ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason, Whittier, CA on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 05:19 am:

The halogen floodlight in my back yard lost its lens. Apparently after they install the halogen bulb in the reflector the lens is glued on. Too bad the glue did not last as long as the bulb.
Best regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 07:42 am:

https://www.google.com/search?q=halogen+flood+light&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms &tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=my6RVZamK8mEsAXowKmgAQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg#tbm=isch&q=halogen+floo d+light+bulbs&imgrc=KsVcby9SWs0CNM%3A

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration