Where did you go in your T today?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Where did you go in your T today?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 09:28 am:

Several times a week we do a 20 mins run past Lake Ruataniwha up to Ohau A power station and along the Ohau canal. Following our recent snow and severe frosts it finally thawed enough to allow us to go again. I just fitted a dash cam, got it mounted correctly in the end
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXNXNuStpM4

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCll3kNf0Vs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:28 am:

Beautiful, thanks for sharing them! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 11:04 am:

The local Optimist Club is the Charter organization for out Boy Scout Troop. They hold a benefit cruise-in every year as a fundraiser. They asked the scouts to help with set-up and tear-down. One of the other scout parents, Darrin, has a 1967 Mustang. We decided to take his '67 and my '11 to the show and have on display.

They did not have a "pre-1920's" category, so I entered in the "1920's" category and came home with a second place trophy. The winner in the category was actually from the 1920's...

Darrin decided that his green convertible 1967 Mustang was invisible. People would go over to it, turn and take a picture of my car, then turn and take a picture of the Stingray on the other side of his car.

It was a benefit fundraiser for the organization that supports our troop and this was an opportunity to support the group that supports our Troop.

A good time was had by all.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Looks like a great day Keith. Because I live in a small country town I don't get to go to these type of events however the plus is I can drive through some of the best scenery anywhere, lakes, mountains, rivers, canals & open plains and hardly see another car and all this is only 5 mins from my door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

Because my tgs are due no later than the last day of June my plans were to go after I went for coffee as our new county admin building is across the street. Today I drove the touring because my tag was stolen yesterday at the only stop I made on the way back from the speedster reioun. Dumb crooks why steal a tag that will expire in two days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

I live in the city but it doesn't stop me from driving my T around on a daily basis. Today I took it over to the ford dealer for a part for my motor home. Then to the flooring store and over to the pharmacy then top off the tank and pass thru old town on the way back home. On the way I got to take two beautiful girls for a short ride and talked to a few "older than me guys" about the good ol days. I love sharing my T with others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 01:21 am:

I sanded down the primer on the splash aprons, put a layer of body filler on the left front fender and sanded it, filled in the rust pits on the gutter and primered it, and ordered some Robertson 10-24 machine screws for the door hinges. All of the parts that are to be painted black, with the exception of three fenders (which still need a lot of body work) were primered on Sunday. Once those pieces are primered, it is onto the body!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 01:58 am:

Didn't go anywhere in the T Monday.......but on Sunday we took out the '19, picked up a friend and headed for a little strawberry and ice cream fund raiser for the local Historical Society.
Then I figured since I had the car out anyway we covered about 10 miles of state and back roads at a leisurely 30 mph.
It was a gorgeous day for a ride in an open car....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 02:57 am:

Drove to the market, then to the coffee shop, then to OSH looking for a wrench, stopped by the coffee shop again. then home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 07:44 am:

Gee two Coffee's on the one trip...lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 08:23 am:

Kevin: you wrote
"Because I live in a small country town I don't get to go to these type of events"
A wise man once told me "where ever you drive your "T" you are a parade, Where ever you park your "T" it is a car show" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 08:25 am:

Nowhere! It won't quit raining! :-(

But I did get work done on prepping/priming sheet metal for the '12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 11:53 am:

I hear you, Tim. I took my speedster out on Sunday for a drive, as it was the first day it wasn't raining in awhile. Actually, my first drive since I drove it home from the Homecoming in Richmond three weeks before! Just drove around the neighborhood, waving at folks that were smiling back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

Today, June 30 I removed my wife's Buick, and my 3 T's from the garage. I swept up the garage and removed oil spills under the T's. I was planning to drive each one this afternoon before placing them back in the garage. They are placed in such a way that I can only remove 1 without removing at least one T or all three cars to get the third T out. Anyway, it was a good time to sweep things out. I also oiled the front and rear axles, checked oil, coolant and charged batteries. I aired up the tires. By that time it was lunch time so I came in to eat. My wife said, "It's thundering, I think it is going to rain." So I went back out and put them back into the garage. Two of the cars have the tops down! So They are all ready to drive now, maybe later in the week. Oh oh! I just heard some more thunder!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

GR yes your correct and it is always a one car parade when driving and I get lots of waves etc.
Not the same thing as what I was referring to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

She was right! It poured harder than it does in the winter. For southern California, it is VERY rare to have a storm like this in June. There goes the drought!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

I drove up to ,and completely around Lake Tahoe from the capitol of Nevada, and back again,does that count? Made it all the way up in high gear on route 50. Drove it well over 100 miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

George - So what made you think you'd find a wrench in the "old sh*t house"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 12:53 am:

Harold, 'cause I've been lucky so many times.
Found one today at the right price (cheap).
Drove there in T to another fav.hardware store, then over to Norm's for a bite and coffee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

This just in from the video editor. Going around the block in Wakefield to get in line for the inspection sticker, then back to Salem for a quick trip to the Salem Willows

https://youtu.be/76P0i0dHJaM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

Yesterday evening I drove some 50 miles on almost empty winding roads through the forests - nice and cool after an unusually (for us) hot day into the eighties

pickup

A local photographer caught me just as I turned back into my driveway :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

It finally quit raining! So Sunday the wife and I criss-crossed our county in the '20 runabout after an ice-cream stop (naturally), visited her mom,then back home. Nice afternoon touring. Perfect temperature. Today got really hot and muggy, so after supper I ventured back out in the '13 this time solo (too hot for the wife) and picked up an old friend in the town north of me and took him for a ride.He was thrilled. Overall punched out a good 40 plus miles this evening. Great out (to me anyway!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:08 am:

Today my nephew and I took the tetnus express up to micky D's for lunch, and a trip to the hardware store for a couple of fasteners. A beautiful day warm and fun. We got 1 free start not bad.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:17 am:

Groceries then to Costco and let 6 people sit in the car and take pics. I don't mind if I have the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Billing on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 01:55 am:

Here in New Zealand, vehicles must pass a roadworthiness inspection, [Warrant of Fitness- WoF]; old stuff like Model T's the warrant lasts for 6 months, when we must go through the exercise yet again.
So today, I drove my 23 touring to the local Testing Station, and it passed no problems! Yay; another 6 months of being legal! Life's good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 05:42 am:

I've never used testing station as in the Sth Island most garages do warrants. I know the feeling as you never know what they might turn you down for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 07:50 am:

Nice wagon Roger, it looks like fun. Good to put a face to the name. Another few months and winter wont be holding me back although this speedster is giving me problems each time I look at it, great way to learn a heap about T's quickly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Been mostly driving around in my little truck so last night I cruised the neighborhood in the coupe. I like to use Ruxtell high so I generally go around corners without using low. I engaged the Ruxtell without too much difficulty but it sure is hard to get it to come back. Maybe lube?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

I've never used a Ruxtell John but if you want more detailed advice start a new thread and head it with "Ruxtell hard to disengage" or similar and you will get plenty of advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

Took the roadster down to the bridge to catch the sunset. All the smoke in the air makes for some great color. I like the way the sun shines through the cut glass in the Motometer in pic two. Looks like it has a light inside. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

Took the 23 for one last drive on the 3rd. The new owner picked it up that afternoon. Sold the T and all the spare parts.

Lesson learned- Be ready to suffer the consequences if you throw out your "tourist price" as they may take you up on it. Now I have to start over *^%$#!!! (But I did get a LOT more for the T than I had in it, so I guess I can look for a better car...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 03:51 pm:

Did a shake down run in Dixie, the '27 touring. Had to adjust the kingpins one turn, as the steering was a little loosey. That fixed it fine.

But in the process, I wrenched loose the wire to the magnetic pickup for the bike speedo. Had to solder that back :-(

Then fitted on the new travel cover, it slips over the lowered top like a boot, and then snaps to the side of the body. Custom fit so should be great on the alum. open trailer, saves some gas over the hauling of the normal big enclosed trailer. Off to Branson MO for the MTFCI annual tour. Stopping on the way Friday to visit Dan Hatch in Birmingham AL too. Fun days ahead :-)

Cover fits over the steering wheel, and snaps to the cowl for rain free shelter.

Have a stick in the center to 'tent' the cover, and a couple of elastic cords for wind resistance in case some of the snaps want to un-snap !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

Just loaded up and tied down Dixie for her ride. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Berg - West Bloomfield, MI on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

A few days back I drove the speedster to my friend Aaron's house for his son's birthday celebration. We spent some of the time giving rides to the kids in his brother's speedster and mine. Both cars pictures have been posted in the speedster discussion a while back. His brother's car has significant family meaning and is just fresh off of reconditioning work.

He lives on a dirt road away from prying eyes; needless to say that we got the cars going at a pretty good clip when someone snapped this
photo...

ResizedSpeedsters

Thanks for reading,

Rusty Berg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

That's a nice-looking cover, Dan. Looks like it'll work just fine. :-)

We'll seeya' in Branson!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

Dan, it's hard to tell from looking at the pics, but I'd be real sure that those bungies don't come anywhere touching your paint! Looks like that left side on going forward is real close to it, and wind vibration could almost definitely cause it to chafe. Plus, what about those hooks? Are they touching the body? After a few miles, you could be down to shiny metal there. Happened to me when I was a teenager moving furniture for a friend up to the U.P. of Michigan. Wore through the paint in no time on my pickup truck. Just thinkin'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Dan, and I see two more spots on the rear with the red bungies. Definitely looks like it's laying on that rear fender. That'll strip that paint off by the time you make the state line for sure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Tim

Thanks for the concerns, guess my T looks super good in the afternoon sunlight in the photos!

Actually, this T is a good tour car, not a trophy winner. My paint job is fair at best, but tough acrylic enamel... has quite a few dings and big nicks already. Those bungee's will only help polish the paint! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

Only drove into town today, just a few miles, but it turned out be more of an adventure than expected. It was the good, the bad, and the aggravational.

The bad came first. I was on my way to an appointment and the car was running fine. But suddenly it quit. I found gas pouring out of the carburetor. I assumed a stuck float valve, but tapping didn't stop it. Figuring I'd have to take the carb off and open it up, I phoned the doc's office and rescheduled the appointment for later. Then, looking more closely at the carburetor, I discovered that the problem wasn't flooding, but the opposite. The drain valve had vibrated open and the gas was running out the bottom. With the valve closed and the bowl full, the car started right up.

The good happened when I stopped at the market for some celery. When I came out of the store this mom asked if she could take a picture of the kids with the car.

I said sure, why not have them pose in the car? So they did.

The aggravation started when I left the market. The car had become hard to start again, and took a lot of cranking.

When I got home I stopped behind the house to unload. But trying to start it again to put it away was a complete no-go. Lots of crank-pulling but not a cough, even on BAT. So I took the carburetor off, took it apart, removed the set screws, ran the guitar string through the passages, blew it all out, reassembled, reinstalled. The car started right up.

Looking into the tank, it looks clean. But I'm going to drain out all the gas and check for trash. With all the carburetor clearing I've had to do this week, I expect there's some kind of debris clogging up the works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 08:16 am:

Steve that has to be frustrating, seek and ye shall find!

And it's raining here again! Another 1.5 inches this morning, sprinkling now, more later today. So no driving until tomorrow, and they say more rain early next week.

If this cooler & wetter than normal summer continues on into winter, we're in for a doozie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 10:21 am:

Trash in these old gas tanks is certainly annoying. Be sure your sweet potato has a good screen, or get one of these:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/2903BSC.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Wow--lots of trouble Steve and that's the kind of car you recommended to Dexter !!! Seriously, the screen Mike suggested is an effective way to solve the recurring trash issue. I put one in my truck and have had no further problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 04:38 am:

Took the first test drive in our newly constructed hill climb race car. Unlimited class, T block and frame and a couple other pieces. I was beyond impressed, almost frightened. It wants to tear the tires loose and get a little sideways on the launch and up shift. We are leaving for the FAST time trials in Santa Margarita in the morning. It is my goal to take king of the hill honors with T based power at an event where model A's and B's are considered the only real contenders. I think we have a real chance. Wish us luck please! Purists please note that no usable T parts were destroyed to create this thing. The block had junk valve seats and the bore was .100" oversize. I punched it out to 3.875." The frame was from a doodlebug buzz saw conversion. We have named it the Wild Cherry II, after Chris Egsgaard's ground breaking entry in the Long Beach hill climb in the early 60's. I can post pics but they will be upside down because my iPad needs to realize we are in the northern hemisphere.
Fordially, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 05:10 am:

Great, Erik - please post lots of pictures and video links :-)

Can you share some info on what's inside the engine or is it a secret? ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Counterbalanced model A crank, model A cam and rods. Gemsa 8 port cross flow head, 9.7:1 compression. Full pressure oiling, dual ignition Nissan distributor. Ford C4 automatic trans. It's bored out to 3.875", so it has the same displacement as a model A. No secrets here, just time and money spent. I expect the life expectancy of the engine may be brief, but exciting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 02:09 pm:

Steve - I think Mike and John have some good thoughts and ideas for you ref the possibility of, as you say, "trash" or "debris" in the fuel, causing all of your ongoing troubles:

To add a bit to what those guys suggested, I got a "tip" from the forum several years ago that works great for me:

There is a universal, tractor type glass sediment bowl (with handy shut-off valve) available form any good farm supply, tractor supply, or, I got mine for $17.95 from a John Deer store.

Here's the neat part, there is included, two very fine screens,....a vertical cylindrical one like Mike suggested, and a second very fine screen, both built into the unit. Why this works so well is that first of all, no restriction to fuel flow as can happen with a paper fuel filter, and particles small enough to go thru' the built in screen(s) are small enough to pass harmlessly thru' carburetor passages/jets, etc. Additionally, BEFORE the fuel flows thru' the screen(s) in the sediment bowl unit, any "trash" or "debris" will collect in the clear glass bowl and allow you to visually inspect periodically to see if in fact there "IS" any junk coming out of the tank.

You could replace the Ford "potato" with the glass sediment bowl unit and thus use the built-in vertical cylindrical fine screen filter which is similar to the filter that Mike suggested, or, you can easily cut that vertical screen off (like I did) and just depend on the built-in second fine screen that is built into the sediment bowl if you wanted to leave the Ford "potato" in place and just add the glass sediment bowl unit to the fuel line adjacent to the "potato" on the engine side of the fuel line.

One other thought, there are those who feel that the glass bowl could be broken by a kick up stone or something, but I really feel that this is a pretty remote possibility, plus, that glass bowl is really pretty thick and tough.

Okay,....enough. Hope this helps,....it sure works for me,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

I had three visitors from TEXAS this afternoon.
They came the 17 miles north from the Iola Old Car Show.
Someone there had mentioned they should stop in to pay a visit as they're OLD tractor nuts too.
Three generations with the young man being about 15-16 years old.......and he LOVES OLD STUFF......so that meant the obligatory ride around in the '19 Touring T so everyone piled in and off we went for a few miles.
He said he always wanted a Model T so I think he's convinced he NEEDS one now.
NUTHIN' but smiles from all of us....... :-O
I love when this happens....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Lacy st park Iowa to Mark Twain st forest 404 miles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

I changed out an excellent "humpback" NH carb for a Jack Daron restored Simmons. Sure enough, much more power! But, for the first time in my 45 years of Model T'ing, I experienced that carb/intake manifold condensation. On a 91 degree day for a 3 mile drive. I have both a modern accessory air cleaner and a hot air pipe - not yet installed. What do ya'll suggest? And how have ya'll jerry rigged a '26 choke/carb dash adjustment with a carburetor that uses a flat 2 hole fixture at the top of the fuel/air needle? Oh, and I also changed out the switch plates from the '26 tudor to the '26 roadster and packaged up the switch/ammeter plate to send to Ben Martin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Went to a cruise-in at a local Restaurant.
A lot of Chev-powered cars (I'm reeeally tired of lookin' at those engines).
There were actually three T's!
My ol' rusty tudor, a C cab and a depot hack.
Funny how so many people look at our T's and ask questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

I drove around a bit and then went to the grocery store. My daughter and her boy friend happened to pull into the parking lot as I was getting ready to leave. Boyfriend said 'Look at that neat car'. My daughter replied ' That's my Dad'.

He has never seen the car before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

Took a little ride to Devotion NC,this is RJ Reynolds the tobacco co. land,it is around 50mi. from their plant in Winston Salem NC,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Henry - Werribee, Australia on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 07:02 am:

Went for a drive to Noojee today, was hoping for some snow but didn't find any. First real trip after changing the bands and all went well except low speed needs a little tightening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 08:22 am:

Saturday early evening I was one of 3 cars, my '13, a '30 Model A, and a '37 Plymouth coupe, to shuttle several actors/actresses from their initial meeting place to a debuting of their movie about Gore Orphanage in Ohio. It was held at the State Theatre in Sandusky. Had a great time driving folks of all ages. They all had a blast, and needless to say, even though the Director had "assignments" everyone wanted my car! Was only about a 6 block drive, but was really fun. Sort of like buzzing the Ave! After that I toured around a bit, stopped in at a new local pub for a soda and to greet the new owner. Immediately it turned into a one-car car show as usual. Even took three people, a middle aged couple and an elderly gentleman for a ride around town. Dropped the couple off at the movie, took the man back to his car near the pub. A great evening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

This is getting to be a regular thing. When I came out of the store this dad and son were looking over the car and had lots of questions, so I took Dad for a ride around the parking lot and then Son got his turn. I'm going to start carrying a supply of cards listing Model T websites and give them to folks who are curious about the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

That's a great idea and a great picture, Steve!

I took my T on one of its regular 16 mile drives up old highway 21 and back early this morning, stopping for 2 gallons of gas on the way back. One guy took a good look at the car and asked some questions, the other folks at the gas station ignored it - too busy with their morning workday routines, I guess. :-)

Here's a sample video of part of the same route taken about a month ago, not up to Jelf production standards, I'm afraid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWUZN91Uzvk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 12:34 am:

Nice to have a enough shoulder for you to get out of the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 08:10 am:

I try to be a good neighbor and move to the shoulder when faster traffic overtakes me. I want folks to smile and give me the full hand wave when they see me, not frown and give me the one finger salute! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Finally had a dry afternoon yesterday so took Clarabelle the '13 out for a spin. Coming up Rt. 99 theres a track that always has 5 mile long slow trains...and yep...there I waited. Traffic backed up a mile behind me, so like you do Mark, I pulled off to the side after the train passed the crossing and waved 'em on. Turned out to be a "happy horn session" both directions looking at the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 09:15 am:

I always watch the mirrors - when there gets to be a line of cars behind me I will pull over in the first available safe place and motion the line to pass. I usually get several friendly waves.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration