Throttle linkage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Throttle linkage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john a sellers on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Just bought my 1st model T, needed something to spend my money on besides women and booze.
got it home, up on jacks, and am going thru Milt Webb's procedure for getting one going after sitting for years. Every thing is making sense so far. But I have found one puzzle. On the throttle
linkage at the point where it crosses the engine I have another rod going to the rear between the pedals. what is it for and what should it be connected to???
Thanks
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:54 am:

Sounds like what's left of an after market foot throttle. If it is and you plan to run it in stock condition you should remove the extra piece. However, you should also get some pictures of what the stock linkage should look like for your year model T and be sure the rest of what you have will operate properly. There may be other non-stock parts that should be replaced.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration