Putting the TT to work (again)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Putting the TT to work (again)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan in Illinois on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 03:03 pm:

Illinois has been hit by storm after storm this May/June (as have many other states in the midwest). I keep losing my big trees as the wind pushes them over and the saturated ground means their roots cant hold. A behemoth fell in the woods so my family came up and Mr. T. came out to help. My nieces love it like it is a living thing and always ask for Mr. T. to come out of his house (the barn) and drive around. My 8 year old niece was ecstatic to get to drive him for the first time as her feet could finally reach the forward pedal (not the other niece in the driver's seat..she's still too little). In low gear in a truck that can only go about 4 miles an hour, its perfect for a kid to drive on a nice straight stretch. She didn't get to drive it up the hill though. Worst part was no one got a picture, and I certainly didn't as I was sitting right next to her making sure she got it right, which she did! Anyways, just thought I'd put some pictures up of Mr. T. going to work. I'm going to have the red oak logged into boards. It is too good to let rot on the ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 03:35 pm:

Way to go, Ryan! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Hagstrom on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Nice! Nice setting, nice little helper, and sweet ole truck Ryan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Hagstrom on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 03:40 pm:

I should have said 'little helper(s)' ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan in Illinois on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Donald, only the one in yellow is a helper. I'm surprised the little one got out of the house, and even more surprised she's not wearing her princess crown. :-) It was funny hearing them fight about where they got to sit in that little cab. Won't be too long before there isn't room for three anymore! My niece in yellow I'm really working on to keep her level of interest in science and how the world works going, among a sea of advertising telling her that she should be a diva-princess. Her little sister bought in but she's still very interested in nature and machines, which is why I let her drive. She took the experience very seriously and did so well I let her do the turns and even park it. I remember my first time behind the wheel of a truck, and I'm glad I'll be a part of hers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

That is so wonderful! I was driving the farm tractors on my grandparent's ranch when I was six. And that is my idea of the perfect looking truck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 01:22 am:

That might be construed as "child abuse", exposing those kids
to something old and cool like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan in Illinois on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Sadly, we aren't getting far from that in Illinois. Which is why I never asked "the princess" to help out her big sister. Probably some sort of child labor law she could sue her uncle for. Ha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 11:56 am:

Truth be told, that truck needs to be scrapped and all traces of
history erased. We now have a phone app for that. :-P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Burger, About 36 1/2 years ago, when my first child was born, I held my son for the first time, gazed into his angelic face, and said "From now and for at least the next 18 years, I could be arrested at any time for either child abuse or child neglect because some political extremist will disagree with whatever I am doing"!
Seriously, I like your twisted sense of humor.
drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leffler on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

I love it these old cars and trucks just keep on giving back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Wayne, et al;

I grew up in a place where the farms were quickly getting bulldozed under
for the sprawling pus of suburbia. I developed a love for the disappearing
scenes of old rural America and a strong contempt for the crap it was being
destroyed for AND the people/attitude that newest is best and old is icky and
should be obliterated.

Clearly, my young mind was poisoned by the foul lingerings of America
past, and like all other forms of sickos, I choose to expose and infect as many
innocent young minds as possible with the evils of a day gone by. It is what
evil people do. (insert menacing laugh here) :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration