OT- How are you going to use your Leap Second?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT- How are you going to use your Leap Second?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Today we get an extra second. After we (Derek & I) get the 14 running I am going to use mine polishing brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 09:17 am:

I didn't learn about the extra second until just now.

If I had known about that I would have stayed in bed longer.

I guess the government is collecting all the unused seconds and distributing them to folks that don't need them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 09:50 am:

I need more data. What "extra second"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Henry: Here's more on the leap second: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second
(a lot of fuzz about almost nothing..)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 11:03 am:

When at precisely in Pacific time zone in San Diego County will that extra second occur? If at midnight, I will be sleeping.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 11:23 am:

Henry, sorry I didn't get back with you, I was working on a customers truck and he decided to watch and HELP me! I see Roger got you the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Norm, from reading the Wikipedia article, it occurred yesterday about 4pm San Diego time..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

I'll sleep through the leap! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

I get it. Maybe, if we can gather up enough leap seconds, I'll accumulate enough time to finish up my "honey-do" list. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

Just a second now! Do you want a list of possible uses for the second? Here are the top 10.

01. Cough
02. Smile
03. Wink
04. Listen
05. Look
06. nod
07. Think
08. Rub
09. touch
10. frown

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 04:12 pm:

Hang on just a sec.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Too bad we weren't going for 'Wait a minute'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

I slept! :-)

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

I think I blinked.
I was a bit tired so it was along one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 11:35 pm:

I spent mine as directed: Leaping.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration