OT - Brass Air Pump (for what?)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Brass Air Pump (for what?)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 03:07 pm:

I purchased this pump even though I wasn't sure if was for an automobile. It was made by the Jos. Posch Mfg. St. Paul, Mn. Further research indicates he had patents on pumps for brewery use, although the only picture I could find was one in the Speed Museum. Anyone know anything more?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

Lance:

I see those pumps on a regular basis in antique shops around Minnesota.

I believe it is a beer keg pump.

Joseph Posch also manufactured keg spigots and the more familiar beer keg taps with the pump and spigot similar to what is still used today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Ships foghorn??

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

Ohhhh we could have soooooooo much fun with that at a frat party!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 07:08 am:

I'll bet you could adapt that pump to pressurize a fuel tank on a car.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration