New coils today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New coils today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

Got my new coils today and what a difference. It always ran better on 12 volts but it did run good. Today after I went to town on 12 volts on the way back I switched over to mag and holy cow. It ran smoother and with less vibration and gained power on the hill I climb a lot. Thanks Brent for another fantastic job and the check went out today. I never thought it could run any better than it did before but I was wrong. I know why it should run better on mag but didn't expect all that. R.E.Moore TN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

Richard,
Glad to hear that what we did helped your performance. Thank you for the compliment!
Happy 4th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Brent goes out of his way to please customers. Not only that, he's a good guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

It's an amazing difference. It's obviously more noticeable when you know the car. Hard to convince many people though. Especially about HCCTing them. I've posted this before: My '23, after re-building and HCCTing the coils, started dead cold with the hand crank on mag after 2 pulls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Brent did a set of coils for me a few years ago, and my T never ran better, since its 40 year sleep (1964 to 4004).
I won the coil redo as a door prize when we were at a Babbitt demonstration at a Ford dealership in Ohio. My magnets are very weak, so I run on "BATT".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Brent did a set for me and they work fine. I will say though when you run your T on mag there is a noticeable difference and it does run better.
To me a T is not a T unless you have the 4 spark coils and your running on mag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Brent does great work, is fun to deal with and is one heck of a nice guy. He restored my brass top coils for me and the old 14 runs better on mag than it ever did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 11:29 pm:

I love to hear my coils running. My 1911 Torpedo has the coil box inside and your hear it well. My 1926 Pickup didn't and you couldn't hear them at all. I can't tell you how much better it runs but Keith in Tennessee (KGB) told me this would happen. Performance,power, starting I can understand but the change in eng. vibration was the best. I drive my car all the time and because I do any change I notice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 08:54 am:

As others have stated; Ford did not ship 15 million cars with defective ignition systems.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration