Tisch Timer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tisch Timer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Pakeman on Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

Does anyone have a complete Tisch Timer that they could photograph to show the "innards"?
I have had this timer cap for a number of years, and would like to be able to try it on one of my T's.
The innards could be made if I had a picture to go by.
All information gratefully accepted.
Tisch TimerTisch Timer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 05:02 am:

Dick - it looks like it would be a bit of a challenge to make:
tischtisch2tisch3

It was known as the "Dean Knife" timer before Tisch started making them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Pakeman on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Thank you John for your response. The original internal workings did seem quite complex, so I have today machined up a simpler component and have just returned from an initial test run. It appears to work very satisfactorily. I will be on a rally this weekend with my 26 T, so this will be an opportunity to run the timer for longer. So far happy with outcome and I do not foresee any complications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 06:01 am:

I'd love to see a picture of what you made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Pakeman on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

Hello again John
This is what I made up. Not the prettiest but works great.
I have made another timer using the same principal with an old timer cap. For this timer I made a jig to ensure the pickup contacts are at 90 degrees to each other and all on the same plane.
The second timer will go onto the '23 TT motorhome.Tisch TimerTisch Timer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Nice work on the rotor Dick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 06:12 am:

Looks good - thanks for posting the picture.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration