Spectators and Funny Hats 2015

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Spectators and Funny Hats 2015
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Welcome to this season's first installment of Spectators and Funny Hats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 07:04 am:

Great to see this thread is back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

It's good to be back, Dennis.
The lovely lady at the top of this page is my cousin, Isabella...
... and the happy couple pictured here are her neighbors (I told them to refrain from smiling for the antiqued photo—Not exactly sure why, but if you look at turn-of-the-century photographs, nobody is smiling).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

Great fun! That and appreciating history is what it should be all about.
Glad to see you're back at it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:49 am:

Cool Beans Bob! I always enjoy your Spectators and Funny Hats posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 11:27 am:

This year, we're adding St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital to the charity list that goes out on the e-mails that carry the photos to the folks who pose with the car.

Link to St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital:

https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/donation.do?cID=14262&pID=24671

Link to the Wounded Warrior Project:

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/mission.aspx

Stay tuned for more Spectators and Funny Hats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:44 am:

We had stopped for lunch at La Casa, an Italian restaurant in Crab Meadow (a really nice place, right on the beach) and happened to meet this nice lady who had been there, swimming and sun-bathing. _We always carry the hats, bow-ties and props in the wicker basket, so we were ready for an impromptu photo shoot.__We've been enjoying especially nice weather here on Long Island, with moderate temperatures, clear skies and gentle breezes, and on such days, the beach is the place to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

Honey, She followed me home.....can I keep her? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

Bob,

Another great photo shoot, Thanks for sharing.

If they have patrons like that, I would like the address to THAT restaurant and the young lady's phone number! I know you have it so why not share it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Bump

Any more funny hat photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 05:03 am:

It's not the hat pics I'm looking at anymore lol, bring on Summer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

I always ask permission of the parents of the families I photograph before posting their pictures here. _And of course, I e-mail them a link to this page so they can see for themselves how Spectators and Funny Hats is a nice, safe, family-oriented page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 12:49 am:

TT

Got inspired by Bob to do the same...

This father & son are sorta neighbors of Stan Howe and live just outside of Helena. They were visiting during the Super Bowl last winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

Just goes to show: Seating people in a Model T Ford causes instant smiles!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Went to McDonald's again—and had a salad—honest!
While I was regarding the lettuce with lugubrious eyes and wishing it were a double bacon cheddar-burger, this gentleman walked over to my table and asked, "Is that your Model T?"

... and he pledged a donation to the Wounded Warriors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Well done, Bob! Here's encouraging everyone to support the Wounded Warriors project!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

Neat pics!

Actually, McDonald's has very good salads, I often get their Southwest salad with crispy chicken and Southwest dressing, yum! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 02:00 am:

I think the first picture on this thread is the all-time winner so far.
The ones where they are looking back are the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Yeah, my Cousin Isabella is a looker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:29 pm:

Turns out McDonald's is a good place to find people who look good posing in a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

With all the horrible things going on in the world, you are doing something that is pure, and good. And that is what life is all about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

Did an HCCA exhibition at Grace Church for the kids at Vacation Bible School.
Here are some of the nice folks who were there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

These two good sports posed for us just yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Great idea, great photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 12:27 am:

The usual reason given for not smiling on early photos was that the subject had to hold the position for a few seconds. Holding a smile is more difficult than a frown.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:45 am:

Yeah, sometimes I forget to tell them to give me one with an "American Gothic" stare. _That always looks better in the antiqued photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKSmj2g8shs

It's been a fairly sparse year for funny hats and stick-on mustaches because most of the car shows have been either too far away or on Sunday (church) morning. _Fortunately, we have one lined up for a Saturday and we're hoping for a bumper crop of silly photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 08:33 am:

While I'm at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDzTYMJJu8M

Sure do wish I could get THIS couple to pose in the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Ran into this happy group right in my neighborhood, today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 02:05 am:

Met this nice family at McDonald's...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

Well, it was a great driving season even if we didn't get a chance to do any car shows (I do wish folks wouldn't schedule these wholesome, family events for Sunday mornings because... oh, I dunno... maybe there's somewhere else on Sunday mornings where families might prefer to be).

Fortunately, at various lunch spots, we did meet a few spectators and bystanders who were willing to pose in the bonnets, bowlers and mustaches, so even though it was a lightweight year for Spectators and Funny Hats, we still had some of the world's nicest folks posing for us. _Quality, not quantity, right?

Well, we're capping off this year with this gentleman who happens to be my bride's cousin, Barry (a judge who metes out justice in the western wilds of Arizona). _Unfortunately, he doesn't visit often or long enough, but now that he's been promised rides in the Fabulous Flivver, we're hoping he'll find reason to fly in from Arizona more often—and the cattle-rustlers will just have to wait till he gets back from vacation to deal with 'em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Schmidt ..... Seattle on Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Fun in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_dG26K5K4

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration