Two piece crank club

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Two piece crank club
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Bowery on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 09:37 am:

Yesterday I became a member of the TWO PIECE CRANK club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 09:53 am:

That sucks! Was it with a 26/27 engine as in your profile?
Was it a restored engine with a magnafluxed crank or an unknown original?

Let's hope the block can be saved :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Stone WV on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Jim, sorry to hear that. I have been there & done that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Just heard my 14 motor run for the 1st time last night after breaking the crank 4 years ago. Had a backup motor in since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

Would you please let us know how it happened and perhaps a picture or two when you get a chance? "Inquiring minds want to know". Sorry for your predicament. I just went through a 2 year rebuild because a meg spool and screw decided to go exploring instead of doing their job. Hope your block wasn't ruined.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

I fear the day when that happens to me but I know it is coming because I am ALWAYS driving one of my T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

Yuck! I have not been there nor done that. Yet. Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

It took me over 30 years of driving my T's before it happened but happen it did! It's just a matter of time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 08:19 pm:

Like you said John. I've tried to condition my wife that one day she might hear a big BANG! I'm ok with it as long as it doesn't take the block with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

Jim
Just curious, under what conditions did it break? I was real concerned that while on the Poor Boy tour a couple of weeks ago, a crank would have been broken on that tour. Many, many 7 and 8 gallon hills. Lots of fun but we worked the heck out of these old cars. We retrieved our 27 on one of roads we were on when it broke. The modern vehicle we went to go after the broke down T with really did not like the hills we were on.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration