Removing rear Hassler shocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Removing rear Hassler shocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

I have the spring compressed. Is the next step to remove the bolts from the bottom spring mount and pry it away from the top mount?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

I tried to post photo but it is too large. When I figure out how to shrink it. I will post it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Shoot for a file size just under 250K. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 03:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

Donald, Compress the spring, Then remove the grease cap bolt and remove the arm, Then the two bolts that hold the spring to the Model T spring and lift off, Then remove the Hassler nut inside the brake shoe area and remove the mount and job done, I have to ask, Why are you removing them? If by chance you don't want them Id take them. Any questions PM me and and I will talk you through it via phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

This post has the install instructions. Just reverse the process. The T has to be lifted to get weight unsprung.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/373650.html?1373670300

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

Will

I am switching to a Ruckstell so Hasslers have to come off at least temporarily but going to keep them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

Donald, This is my T with a Ruckstell with the Hasslers, Makes the old T much better on my tired old back

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration