Start 'em early

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Start 'em early
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

They're never too young to get started in the hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Looks like they are enjoying the ride. When you said start 'em early I got up at 4:00 am and went out to start my Model T! I didn't realize you were talking about turning the children on to Model T's at an early age. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

My little cousin Owen was the one who couldn't settle for just one ride at the recent family reunion. He had to go several times, in both the touring and the roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 12:01 am:

My Grandson agrees, start young!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:15 am:

Little Julielle thought five days old was, in fact, a little too young..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Turn Signal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

I did the same thing about 30 years ago. My sons are 33 and 35 now. We did some car tours when they were still in diapers and as they got to about 6 years old I started letting they steer my TT truck while driving in an open pasture. Soon they were both good T drivers.
Now to the bad part. They both have more than one T of their own and barns full of T parts and GROWING BIGGER.
My thought was "THIS IS A GREAT HOBBY". They have pushed it past the hobby category.
I wanted them in the hobby, but not that serious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

The little baby with the torque wrench just skinned her knuckle. That IS starting them early!! Cute photos!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

Chris, looks like you start them the earliest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

4th of July weekend had many of the cars out and the kids love going for rides and even driving. Driving old cars is a family event and makes for great times together.

Here is my daughter and son:
lincoln
touringarlo
touringboth
touringdriving
jeepboth
jeepdriving

Grandpa is even teaching them to drive already.
jeepgrandpa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Best thread I've seen all year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

Yes indeed ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration