Original? 16 tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Original? 16 tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

I took off the front tires on our 16 that I believe are original to the car. I got them off with out hurting them at all with soapy water and careful prying. They are hard and stiff the Allstate tube is still soft the U.S. Rubber is falling apart. Both have scherader 777 stems when I get the new ones on I will take my first t ride!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

DON'T get new valve stems! Re-use the old ones. If you need an extra 777 I'll send you one or two, but please don't use the new ones! They are not correct for your car. There is an excellent post this past week on installing original stems in a modern tube, by removing the rubber stem. Read it, and understand it. It works!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Larry did new tubes come with the stems or did you use the old ones in the old days? I think I will buy some new tubes and try switching stems. I want to go for a T ride first! the rear tubes one is a dill on a allstate tube the other I cant read yet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Back in the day, the tubes came with valve stems just like you have pictured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:05 am:

The repro bridge washers are not correct either. They don't have the stamped in washer around the hole, and most likely are the bigger size too, which a T never used. If you look at the illustration about, you can see the stamped in washer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration