New chain hoist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New chain hoist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

I have a new (to me) chain hoist. I have had a sky hook that takes stuff from the floor of the barn to the second floor for several year. Now I have Lee Pierce's chain hoist mounted on a rail that runs 16 feet from the center of the barn to the rear. Now I can take engines out without moving the vehicle..
This is at the center.

Now moved to the rear.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Good thing you lifted that mag coil ring with the hoist, wouldn't want you to hurt your back lifting one!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

Couldn't find an engine on the floor.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

That's a great hoist. I remember backing up to Lee's garage and putting the hoist on the engine which was in the back of my pickup. Then the engine could be moved into the garage and set on the engine stand. Several years ago, I asked Lee if I could borrow his engine stand. He said,"I'll loan it to you permanently." I still have it and use it from time to time when I pull engines either in my car or in someone else's car.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration